Thread: FEEDBACK! How was the buying experience?

Default FEEDBACK! How was the buying experience?

A number of you have made purchases on furniture from dealers, either local or long distance. One of the best things you can do it let your fellow forum members know of your experiences - either good or bad - in your buying adventure.

Several have purchased directly from my store and I really do appreciate hearing your opinions. That's the only way I can know what I'm doing right - or doing wrong. Many store owners operate under the premise that "no news is good news", but that can sweep away any chances to improve upon a buying experience. Your review does not have to be of my store, it can be of Furnitureland South, or Boyles, or Lexington, or any dealer for that matter. Also, if you had a great experience or a poor one with the delivery company - lets hear it!

I recently stopped using two delivery companies because of the poor service and damages they did to a few orders that were caused by untrained and unprofessional staff. I have to hear about these stories in order to work to find a better delivery service as well. And if the delivery service was first-rate, I'd like to hear about that too.

How was your impression of your furniture? Did it meet or exceed your expectations or did it fall short? Would you buy it again?

Would you buy from the same selling dealer again? Why or why not?

Forums like this are a valuable resource of information, but it takes ALL the members to contribute so everyone can benefit from it. Please take the time to let us know how it worked out for you.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Sarah Guest

Default Re: FEEDBACK! How was the buying experience?

Local furniture store: I had a problem w/ my brand new sofa, store basically said "tough luck." A second piece from them arrived w/ a major dent & I had to refuse it.

Lexfurniture.com: Great price, furniture arrived safely. Lexington furnitue is not known for "guiding" their customers nor for offering outstanding service. If you know exactly what you want, they will place the order for you & have it shipped to your door.

The Keeping Room (Duane): Great price, furniture arrived safely. Customer service is top-notch. Duane guided me through the process of placing a custom order & was quick to respond to any questions/concerns that I had. Since I was completely satisfied w/ my last buying experience from Duane, I am placing a second order w/ him for an additional custom piece.

Sarah, did your John Buchanan table arrive yet via Plycon Van Lines? I'd really like to see a photo if you can...should be spectacular. John made FOUR tops for that table before he got one he liked enough to send to you. Gotta love a cabinetmaker who is that particular....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I have purchased from three furniture stores and maybe it's that I'm a bit picky or something but all three stores were called about various issues. All three responded as well as you could hope and definitely will keep my business in the future.

riverwalk Guest

Boy do I ever wish we could buy from d. Collie's store. We are buying a H&M leather sofa locally, it is paid for awaiting delivery. I could not find the matching leather style/color on the H&M site, nor on Drcollie's nice list of leathers. Turns out I DID match it all, to a Henrendon sofa. The store wrote the wrong sofa style name, number & leather id info on our receipt. It's a Henrendon one that looks similar. Wow, am I glad I found that now. Can you imagine down the road going for warranty service in another city if we move and saying that this item was really a H&M sofa and we want warranty service? If it weren't for this website and the curiousity it aroused, I never would have been looking at the receipt at all, it's all in numbers after all. I hope they don't ask for more money when I bring it to their attention tomorrow. The sales associate took the tag, I thought, from the sofa on which we were sitting and wrote it up. An innocent mistake, probably, but what if that store ever goes out of business and all I have is a receipt saying I bought a Henrendon sofa...thank goodness I discovered it. I don't think most people would have. That explains why I couldn't find it on the H&M site or on here. It's a Henrendon bustle back with similar color and nailhead trim similar to the H&M Grainger.

*** Well, it turns out the store made it right, someone had just switched tags on the H&M and Henredon sofas. The price was right, so I was greatly relieved. That made it so I could get the leather information, which it turns out is Walker protected and using Duane's chart THANK YOU I was able to find out the 4 categories, which turn out to be wonderful. Now I can relax and be happy because I got a wonderful deal after all. I would be lost on the whole thing if it were not for THIS website!! Thank you Mr. Collie!!
    Last edited by riverwalk; 06-21-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: store fixed it

dr56 Guest

My experience with Duane was above and beyond my expectations and I would never think of purchasing my leather furniture from anyone but Duane! Thank you, Duane!

JimH2 Guest

I purchased a Journey Sofa and Chair from Duane Collie (The Keeping Room). Started the process back in March or so asking Duane a zillion questions about quality, comfort, styles, leathers, etc. He was very gracious to answer my myriad of questions over a few months time and provided fantastic advice on leathers/colors to look at, etc His prices were more than competitive, they were the lowest by far vs. dealers out West. Even though I live in Oregon, I decided to order from Duane based on all his help, etc. The furniture arrived 19 days after it was manufactured at the H & M site in N. Carolina. It was delivered by West Express which was very professional in keeping me posted as to arrival, etc.

I love the H & M Journey Sofa/Chair (most comfortable furniture I have had), and would recommend that folks contact Duane. I have not dealt w/ a better furniture dealer.