Our old sign was very 80's / 90's, when we did Period Reproductions as our primary focus, and that really stopped around 2000. I resisted changing the sign out front due to the cost for the past twenty years. However, random people would come in off the street and ask if we were an antique store or where the reproductions were? The lettering was faded after 33 years being up, it was time to refresh it.

I had quotes of $ 7,200 t0 $ 8,000 for replacing the lettering and backing Lexan Plastic in the existing sign box. That seemed high to me. I called up my 78-year-old friend Ken who lettered all our store trucks and asked if he could do it. Ken said "Sure, but at my age I can't climb the ladder and install it". $ 1,870 latter I had the signage and installed it myself this morning. The trick of course, is to get it done before the sun clocks around to the front of the building so it was and early start for me today. That and having a 10' stepladder. Finished up about 11 a.m.

I think it looks great! I know - its just a sign, no big deal, but it brings to a close the end of the era that The Keeping Room used to be in the last Century.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_50425601.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	14697