My husband and I have decided that we want to purchase a sofa that is leather but we are taking our time looking at various lines that I have seen mentioned many times on this forum. They include: H & M (which I realize is the gold standard), Bradington-Young, CR Laine, Smith Brothers (which I decided against after reading reviews online), etc. We have visited several places in our area (we're in the Piedmont area of North Carolina) to sit on them and look at the structure of them as well as I have done a lot of research online to look at how they are made, etc.

I'm wondering about the Bradington-Young cushions and how supportive they are. One salesman told us that they don't use high density foam in their cushions and instead use a spring type support. I am very confused about their cushions as I have looked up what they offer below and I know that the premier down would be a bad choice for us with leather (due to possible puddling) but I'm not sure which of the cushion types has a spring support in it that the salesman mentioned.

I know that they use 8-way hand tied in their frame support, but worried that the spring type support I was told that they use in their cushions will cause leather to puddle over time and/or we will have to deal with cushion flatness or there not being enough support in a few years. We've tried spring-down cushions in other brands such as Smith Brothers, etc. and they were very comfortable but I have read to avoid those with leather. Any thoughts on that?

I know that Duane sells BY so they are a good quality furniture but not as good as H&M is due to them using plywood vs. hardwood etc. My husband is 5'9" and weighs around 160 lbs. and I'm 5'4" and weigh around 135 lbs. Our son, who lives at home, is probably pushing 250 lbs. so I want to make sure that our cushions, particularly the seat cushions hold up well. We use our sofa a lot and that includes napes, eating, watching tv, etc.

Also, is the HR foam mentioned below a good one? I know we should look for at least 2.0 at the least.

This is a cut and paste from their construction in a pdf I found online in regards to the cushions.

SEAT CUSHIONS: Standard seat cushioning is style specific and consists of one of three offerings:

HR FOAM: A high resilient (HR) polyurethane core cut to boxing size and wrapped in a layer of polyester fiber. The fiber-wrapped core is then topped with a channeled envelope generously filled with virgin polyester fibers encased in a down-proof muslin ticking providing a slow release of air for the occupant.

PREMIER DOWN: These cushions are constructed from a two-tier foam foundation. The bottom layer is firm for lasting support and the top layer is soft for sink-in comfort. The cushions are then wrapped in a down proof ticking filled with a generous blend of down, feathers and fibers. This cushion is designed to relax and “puddle” for a luxurious, lived-in look that complements our more casually styled offerings.

SPRING DOWN: Cushions consist of a 4 ˝” MARSHALL coil unit encased in premium foam. The cushion is then wrapped with a low-melt fiber on top and bottom. The Spring Down cushion is then surrounded by a downproof ticking filled with a luxurious blend of down, feathers and fibers. This cushion is designed to provide superior comfort combined with great resiliency.