*Years long forum lurker/researcher...first time poster

My husband and I are in the phase of replacing older/lower quality furniture pieces with better quality. We have decided on a Hancock and Moore sofa and chair for our formal living (sofa) and family room (chair). We are stumped on what to do about an ottoman. We currently have a large uphostered sectional and an upholstered cocktail ottoman in the family room. The ottoman is only about a year and a half old, but the upholstery is pilling terribly. Our kids have been rough on it, and our beagle jumps up on it. It's a very textured fabric and I got it at the Kincaid outlet for a good price, so it's not a huge loss. All that to say, we'd like to add another ottoman that will last.

I've got a few options I'm considering and would love feedback. The Hancock and Moore ottoman we're looking at is $2200, a leather Bradington Young with casters is $1454 and an upholstered Craftmaster is $1090.

I have value Duane's advice on the forum to spend as much as you can for the items you use the most; sofas, beds, counter stools. Where does an ottoman fit in to this? Is the difference between HM and BY that different for something that will mainly have feet on it? Is a protected leather a good call for an ottoman that a beagle will likely still jump on? Do I just keep the pulled highly textured one until it's completely thrashed? Would just going with a less textured upholstery be better?

Thanks for your insights!