One of the best products for wood repair I have come across in 35 years of being in the furniture business is Epoxy Putty by JB Weld. This stuff is magic, and it's tenacious, this repair never lets go and you can fully restore wood damage with it. Don't buy those one-step wood repair products, they cannot hold an edge and will crumble out if put on a corner. This stuff never fails, at least in my experience.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002NJDAJY...lig_dp_it&th=1

I repaired this knuckle on this handmade tiger maple armchair I have in my own home 21 years ago when we moved into our current house. My friend Dave was helping me move and caught the tip of the arm on a door and sheared off, we could not find the chip. It was one of only two damages we had in the move. So I recreated the feature using the epoxy putty. It was harder to get the color right than to create the arm detail lines, the red area shows the missing piece. That putty is amazing stuff, and if you ever work with it, keep a small bowl of water nearby and keep your fingers moist, it allows you to smooth and create the detail lines, you have about 10 minutes open time from when mixed. Once it hardens, it's all sandpaper from there on out.

These photos were taken today, 21 years after the work was completed. Still holding, and if I didn't outline the area you would never pick up on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Armtip.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	14806

Name:	Chair.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	14807

Name:	Armtip.jpg