We had such a hard delivery day this past Saturday (and I had a hard time loading it all on the truck on Friday). It's super-hot out, in the mid-90's and high humidity. It just makes you sweat through your clothes in no time at all, 100% saturation top to bottom. Alan and Julio are my two "new" delivery guys as my older teams have aged out. What they lack in experience they make up for it in perseverance. I went through a lot of people to get to these two men, others I tried were lazy, incompetent, or had other issues that made then unsuitable to do deliveries for our store.

We had a full bedroom suite of Hooker Furniture to do as last stop ( # 5) and not only is the stuff heavy, but it has to go upstairs. It was a three hour, on-site delivery with assembly. When they got back to the store at 4:30 p.m. and walked in, they look like they had melted. It's been a long time since I saw two guys totally exhausted, but they were. They did not complain one bit, but instead were thrilled to tell me they got some tips. So for those of you that do tip them, especially when they work hard for you, thank you! It makes their day. Five deliveries, zero damages, no issues. Everyone happy, so a good day.