Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick Trip to the High Point Furniture Market Oct 2022

Default Quick Trip to the High Point Furniture Market Oct 2022

My wife always wanted to go to Asheville NC for a visit, so I told her we could go if I can swing into the High Point Market on the way back. I made a very quick trip, only stopping at Sherrill Furniture and Hancock and Moore, we skipped everything else and were there for only four hours total. I took a few photos, but nothing like I normally do. Market traffic was very quiet, but Tuesday was the second to the last day and all the parties are over, so the Tues/Wed days are always more calm and everyone is tired that works the floors from the suppliers.

The good news is there was no mention of price increases, I think all the ones we saw in the past 18 months are finally over, or at least calming down. Delivery times are improving slightly, but still longer at about 5 months for most orders. While I like the Taylor King product, they cannot get under 10 months production time, so I did not go into their showroom and we are going to bring in Sherrill upholstery as their build is comparable in price and quality, and they can deliver in half the time.

A few photos I took in the showrooms

Hancock and Moore 6684-1 Ace Chair, main cover is in Finery Mahogany (GR5), Oak frame (only wood it comes in) with Espresso Finish, Old Gold Nail. "J" Stitch on Seat Cushion. Outarms in Brands Saddle, remainder in Rockbridge Saddle. This is a compact chair that sits well, however I think as shown here its too busy, this would look better in one single leather in my opinion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ace Chair.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	15087

Hancock and Moore CJ6827 Bella Dog Bed Performance Fabric is in Jessica Charles Friendly Sisal (GR E), wood finish is Artifacts. This is 36" W x 15.5" H x 24.25: D, its not as large as it looks in the photo - see the chair leg in the right side of the photo to get a sense of scale. Apparently they took orders for a lot of these, designed by Cory Damen Jenkins. H&M is considering making a larger version as well as they had requests for that during Market. Around $ 2,500 as shown. I know, I know.....demographics

Name:	Dog Bed.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	15088

Hancock and Moore CJ6822-S Giancarlos Barrel Swivel Chair in two variations by Corey Damen Jenkins. One is polished wood veneer on the outside The other is in Jessica Charies Gamercyh-Azure Fabric. Belgian Chocolate wood on both. While the wood back is impressive, I see nothing but headaches in trying to ship this without getting minor wood damage in transit This is a VERY difficult finish to touch up and for that reason I prefer the chair that has the cover on the outside. Its a cleaner design and will be less problematic keeping in presentable condition. This is a compact chair that measures 28.5" H 25.75" W, 32" D, SH 18.5",

Name:	small1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	15089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	15090

Hancock & Moore # CJ6813-Q Doxon Quilted Wing Chair in Tiburon Pine Leather, Tilden Finish, "A" nail. Those are Dachsunds at the end of the arms. 41" H x 26.25" W x 33.5"D. A very "Pubby" classic wing chair in a midsize configuration.

Name:	dog chair.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	15091
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Quick Trip to the High Point Furniture Market Oct 2022

Hancock and Moore # 5697-1 Shin Warmer Chair in Bogs Sable and Tiburon Toffee leathers, Bark Premium Wood Finish, TTT nail trim. While not new, I always like this chair for the way it sits and roominess.

Name:	shinwarmer.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	15092

Hancock and Moore # 6823-3 Grandview Sofa in Tiburon Toffee leather, Bogs Sable on accents, Dark Belt Gimp, Premium Bark Wood Finish, Old Gold Nail. Big Sofa - Big impression.

Name:	Grandview.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	15093

Hancock and Moore # 6829-1 Guthrie Chair in Hyde Park Mocha Burnished Buck wood finish. Jokingly referred to as the "Million Dollar Chair" as it apparently was extremely hard to develop and pattern, requiring more re-works in design than any other new product in recent history. It sits well, very well actually. Funky look - you decide.

Name:	Guthrie.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	15094

Hancock and Moore # 6710 Heston Chair in Finery Graphite, Bark wood finish, buttons and welts in Cottswald Camel

Name:	Heston.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	15095

Hancock and Moore # 6801-3 Laramie Sofa in Hyde Park Mocha Burnished leather, Buck wood finish, Old Gold Nail

Name:	Laramie.jpg 
Size:	203.0 KB 
ID:	15096
    Last edited by drcollie; 10-26-2022 at 02:05 PM.
    Duane Collie

Hancock and Moore CJ6820ST-PL Bartholomew Swivel / Tilt Office Chair in leather Nepal Putty. Belgian Chocolate Wood, "A" nail. This new chair from Cory James is compact and will fit slim to average people well, If you are larger, your thighs will rest on the low arms.

Name:	office chair.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	15097

Hancock and Moore 6697-3 Murrow Sofa in leather Pelham Indigo Patina Burnished (a new leather). Espresso Wood Finish

Name:	Blue sofa.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	15098

Hancock and Moore 6806-1-T Jameson Tufted Chair in leather Hide Park Oyster Patina Burnished. Espresso Wood Finish, "A" nail. We liked this chair enough to order one for our showroom, sits great with good support.

Name:	jameson tufted.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	15099

Hancock and Moore 6806-1 Jameson Chair in leather Tiburon Truffle Wood Finish Espresso , Old Gold Nail

Name:	jameson tight.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	15100

Hancock and Moore 6592-S Ari Swivel Chair in Leather Tiburon Smoke with Jessica Charles Ruggy Indigo Fabric Espresso Wood. A great look, bright and inviting to sit in.

Name:	blue stripe.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	15101
    Duane Collie

Hancock and Moore # 227-30 Proximity Bar Stool (non-swiveling) in leather Hyde Park Mocha Burnished, Wood Espresso, S nail. Nice looking bar stool but I much prefer a swiveling base as they are so much easier to get in and out of.

Name:	Prox bar stool.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	15102

Hancock and Moore Rip Bar Stool # 214-30 in leather Tiburon Cognac, Espresso Wood. My wife LOVED this barstool, and preferred it to the Steele Farms that we have in our house. "It's perfect" she said. However, I don't fit on it very well, I'm quite a bit larger that she is!

Name:	Rip Bar stool.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	15103

Hancock and Moore # 6805-1 Kinsley Wing Chair in Carver Olive leather. Bark Wood Finish

Name:	Kinsley Chair.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	15104

Hancock & Moore # 6803-3 Dixon Creek Sofa in Hyde Park Mocha Burnished, Outarm Panels in Hereford Road (Hair on Hide), Baseball Stitch in cushion centers, Espresso Wood Finish, Old Gold. This is a very cool sofa that I took a bad photo of. I did order one for inventory, that's how much I like it.

Name:	Dixon Sofa.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	15105

Hancock and Moore # 5910-1 Boomerang Chair in Hyde Park Tan Burnished, Alligator Auburn Accent leather, TTT nail. Mesa High Sheen premium wood finish. Not a new chair, but a cool chair designed by my friend Alan Price who is now with Sherrill Furniture. I always like this chair and Alan's designs resonate with me.

Name:	Boomerang Chair.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	15106
    Duane Collie

Is that Dixon Creek sofa as deep as it looks? Kind of weird design to have that seam or dent in the bottom cushion, I wonder how that would feel to sit on.

That dog bed, I could see them selling a lot of those and they definitely should make a bigger size.

My favorite of these is probably that Jameson tufted chair, is that a recliner? Looks very comfortable.

For that chair with the wrap-around wood back, would you just leave that in the original box / crate for shipping and just have to charge more?

The Dixon is a very handsome sofa, I ordered one for inventory and thought it sat great. No issues sitting on the detail seam, and that's a distinctive design feature.

The Jameson chairs are both stationary, a return to the classic wings chairs they have gotten away from the past few years.

That full wood wrap around back is going to be a nightmare to ship for H&M, they have got to come up with a new way to package that as what they do now won't get the job done. I have low confidence that's a viable design for them and see nothing but problems with it going forward.
    Duane Collie

Hancock and Moore Sectional based on the Grandview Sofa (sorry, forgot to photo the tag for specifics) and the # 6599 Framework Ottoman in Hereford Roan / Ostro Java / Dodson Tobacco

Name:	Big sectional.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	15111

Name:	otto.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	15112

Hancock and Moore # 7204-S Henley Swivel Recliner in Largo Oyster. This is a VERY nice swivel recliner, with a smooth manual recline action and easy swivel. It's also very comfortable. I came back to this chair three times and finally ordered one for stock. I like it a lot.

Name:	Henley.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	15113

Hancock and Moore Your Way Sectional, Loveseat/Loveseat in Illusion Fog Leather, Deeper Depth, Moselle Arm Straight Cushion, Square Box Border, Small Block Base, No Nails. Buck Wood Finish. My wife said "I don't like sectionals, but I really like this one, its cute and cozy and it sits well, I can curl up in this and read a book!" Not every sectional has to be massive....

Name:	Yourway Sect.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	205.6 KB 
ID:	15114

Hancock and Moore # 6885-1 Hastings Chair in leather Crestmont Parchment. Seat Cushion in Snapper Mocha, Gimp in Sonoma Espresso, Wood finish Espresso, Black Nickel Nail. Very nice custom combo on this return-to-old-school wing chair with a modern flair.

Name:	hastings.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	15115
    Duane Collie

Hancock and Moore # 6596-1 Khalil Chair, leather is Carver Ash, wood finish is Java High Sheen, Outback and pillow in Jessica Charles Double Exposure Stone fabric. An eye-catching and elegant chair that is very inviting.

Name:	kalie.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	15116

Hancock and Moore Gordon Chairs. These have always been made in two configurations and they happened to have them side by side in the same leather. I prefer the sit on the one with the horizontal bustles, my wife liked the tight back one better. of course!

Name:	Gordon 1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	15117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gordon2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	15118

Hancock and Moore Sofa. Sorry, I had an out of focus photo of the tag and can't read it. New item, very ornate.

Name:	fancy.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	15119

Jessica Charles Olympia Modular U-Shaped Sectional Cover is Auberry Ivory. We get a lot of requests for small U-Shaped units, but its always difficult to find photos of one.

Name:	Jessica sectional.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	15120
    Duane Collie

Whittemore-Sherrill Furniture is NEW to The Keeping Room.

My good friend Alan Price who used to design for Hancock and Moore moved to Sherrill and I have always liked his designs (plus we talk cars and motorcycles for hours on end). Here are two of his designs that are going to be used in the furnishings for Season 5 of Yellowstone, the Kevin Costner Western series debuting in a few weeks on the Paramount network. See if you can spot them when you tune in. Both of these are classic hand-burnished hides from Italy.

The Chair is the # 1650-01 in Sauvage S227 leather, with the Outarm and Outback in Startown S302 Brindle. wood is Natural

Name:	yellow1a.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	15123

The Sofa is the # 1967-03 in Salida S320 Stone leather. Modern Elm wood NN Nail Trim.

Name:	Yellow2.jpg 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	15122
    Duane Collie

Whittemore-Sherrill new designs coming to The Keeping Room. Designed by my old pal Alan Price, I think these are winners. We are new to this brand so it will take some time for Sarah and I to learn the line, but you have to start somewhere so we ordered all three of these.

# 427-03 Sofa in Burnished Leather Sauvage S221 Bark GR J, Fruitwood wood finish. Alan had an existing design that I thought was too short in the back height, so we worked together and he made this at my request to be 5" taller in the back. At Market, it easily outsold the original model I'm told.

(update 11/05/21). Lots of interest in this piece. It's not yet on their website so measurements are

W 95"
    D 45" (appx)
    Ht 38" (appx)
    inside width 76"
    inside seat depth 23"

Name:	Big sofa Sherrill.jpg 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	15124Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SHerrill.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	15162

# 4501-01 Chair in Sauvage S227 Blk/Tan GR J leather with Satinsuede Chocolate S935 contrast. If you can't have fun with this lounge chair, then go back to boring off-white leather instead....lol.

Name:	Sherrill lounger.jpg 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	15125

# 123-01 Chair in Sauvage S227 Blk/Tan GR J leather with solid walnut wood (hand rubbed). Sits terrific, and this is the prototype chair in the photo.

Name:	Sherrill boomer.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	210.2 KB 
ID:	15126
    Last edited by drcollie; 11-05-2022 at 02:52 PM.
    Duane Collie