Thread: External TV Mount

Default External TV Mount

Good Morning,

Looking to mount an "outdoor television" to the side of my house (Hardie Board Siding) inside our covered screened in porch. The TV is 55 inches and weights 66 pounds.

Have a high quality Mantle Mount that Duane recommended for my indoor TV and am looking for something of similar quality for our new outdoor television. For anyone looking for a TV mount for their indoor television over a fireplace...the mantle mount has been a home run...thanks to Duane and the Forum for that recommendation.

Cheers,

Jason

Default Re: External TV Mount

I have a 65" Sony on my outside porch area mounted with whatever Costco had in stock at the time, it gets the job done.

One thing I found out when going outside was my internet signal was not adequate to push the TV programs at the rate the TV required, even through I had signal it was always "stalling" while it spooled up, even the latest gen Verizon FIOS could not push through the exterior stone walls and I had a Wi-Fi extender just 15 feet from the TV inside the house. That was very annoying to have all the dropouts and spooling. and I solved that issue by buying a Wi-Fi extender and literally zip-tied it to the back of the TV. Hardie Board is a fiber-cement product, so that can be pretty hard on Wi-Fi signals, you may have to do the same! Good luck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6104 2.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	15157
    Last edited by drcollie; 11-05-2022 at 09:54 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Good Evening,

I usually check the forum once a day (just as Jason mentioned that he did in another thread) and am curious, Duane, where you purchased the two what appear to be very sturdy camp-like chairs in the photo of your porch area?

Thank you!
    Dennis

Ha ! Yes, that was on our temporary porch until our furniture arrived. Those are Yeti Trail Head Camp Chairs. You won’t like the price, but the chair is superb. Strongest and most comfortable one I have ever come across, beats out La Fumas which are too heavy. Plus, Yeti actually makes the carry bag with extra room in it so you don’t struggle to get in in that bag when you are carrying to the beach, camp or concert, etc. a small thing but most makers sew the bags too tight to save material and you wind up not using them as they are so hard to get the chair in. I’m a big fan of them

https://www.yeti.com/outdoor-living/...010000043.html
    Duane Collie

A couple more photos of my mount. I bought this Sony Masters TV specifically for this room (it is not outdoor rated) not only for the gorgeous. display, but because the entire front screen of the unit is the speaker. That eliminates needing a sound bar and it’s more than adequate, it’s actually amazing tech they figured out how to do that.

The mount is lagged trough the stone veneer into the stud wall. I’d does tilt up/down and sideways. I have my Verizon FIOS Mini cable box on top of the TV using a small shelf made for that off Amazon for $ 8 or so. In the right side shot you can see the white Verizon Wi - Fi extender literally zip tied to the back of the TV. It may not have a glam install but it works!

Attachment 15163Attachment 15164Attachment 15165
    Duane Collie

What kind of TV is it? 66 pounds is pretty heavy these days, most 55" TVs are going to be in the 30-35 pound range. Just something to consider when buying a mount, make sure it will hold that much weight.

The TV is a SAMSUNG 55-inch Class QLED 4K UHD The Terrace Series Outdoor Direct Full Array 16x Quantum HDR 32x, Weatherproof, Wide Viewing Angle, Smart TV with Alexa Built-in (QN55LST7TAFXZA, 2020 Model). Copied that right off Amazon listing. I guess it's technically 64.60 pounds haha.

I'm thinking I will go with a Sunbrite model. The Samsung one that is specifically designed to go with this TV is a single stud style...we get a lot of wind here in Florida with the storms....2 studs seems more appropriate to me.

Unless water is getting directly on it, you can buy an indoor unit and it will be fine under the porch at 1/4 the price. You can replace it 4x over for the cost of one outdoor unit. Just an FYI
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by ddmorganson View Post
    Good Evening,

I usually check the forum once a day (just as Jason mentioned that he did in another thread) and am curious, Duane, where you purchased the two what appear to be very sturdy camp-like chairs in the photo of your porch area?

Thank you!
    Dennis
    Hey Dennis,

Wanted to give you a heads up that REI has these chairs on sale for 50% off...so 150 bucks pretax. They are on sale till November 21st or until they run out which very well may happen. I had to add the chair to my cart to see the price but it was legitimate!!

Cheers!