Thread: Day Light Savings Cleaning and Conditioning Weston Cane Burnished Author's chair

Threaded View

Default Day Light Savings Cleaning and Conditioning Weston Cane Burnished Author's chair

So We have the Authors chair and ottoman in Weston cane burnished leather. Purchased from The Keeping Room around April and took delivery of the chair around May. We were a little overdue for this treatment but I wanted to get on this schedule.

I filled a 12 oz spray bottle that I got at Target for a couple bucks with 1.5 oz white vinegar, a drop of dish soap (I think I probably should have used hand soap), and then filled the rest of the bottle with water. I proceeded to shake the solution and set the nozzle to a spray (slightly more concentrated than a mist). I sprayed this onto a yellow microfiber towel from Costco and wiped down the ottoman and the chair. I did not get any discoloration on the towel. I did feel like it was drying out the chair and ottoman but this is subjective.

Next I got out the jar of M&G #33 that we bought at The Keeping room to use as the conditioner. I initially tried to use the included sponge but it was difficult to tell what parts of the leather I had already gone over with enough of the product so I switched to using my hand as Duane has mentioned that many times on the Forum. This was much more satisfying and fun frankly as I could get into the groves and the creases created by the tufting and really soften that hide up. I am attaching before and after pictures. The after pictures don't do it justice though. It's feels like the hide was stiff before and now is supple and buttery soft. The hide was certainly not stiff before and I have to admit that I just love that Burnished feel. It's funny cause when I initially got into this stuff on the forum here...I had basically written off the Burnished leathers...but luckily we visited Duane and sat on many burnished pieces and saw the light as they say.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before Back.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	15166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before Front.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	15167Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before Side.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	15168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After Back.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	15169Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After Front.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	15170
    Last edited by Inconceivable; 11-07-2022 at 07:11 PM. Reason: typo