Thread: Hancock & Moore Your Way Sofas & Ottoman

Default Hancock & Moore Your Way Sofas & Ottoman

Hi all,

I have had this H&M sofa set for almost 2 years now and just wanted to share these photos for anyone who may be like me and is looking for the high quality that H&M is known for, but a less traditional design. I ordered Y96 and Y76 sofas through the Your Way program and opted for the deeper seat depth (which I believe is 24"). My wife and I also prefer the wider cushions as the sofas are in our family room and they are mostly used to lounge on and watch TV with the kids.

The leather is called Nirvana Hazel which is a class 2 protected leather that has a smooth hand and can appear different shades of brown or grey, depending on your lighting and accents. I am 6'4 275 lbs and my wife is 5'3 110 lbs and we both love the sofa. She always sits with her feet up, tucked under her, however we also have a large ottoman if she wants to put her feet up. These sofas are HUGE, and if you are the type of person who likes to sit in a sofa in a normal fashion with your feet on the ground and your back supported, then I would definitely recommend the 22" normal seat depth and the more narrow cushion.

For maintenance, we use the recommended kit from Leather Solutions to clean and condition the leather every 6 months and it still looks like new, even with the kids and dog jumping on it almost everyday. This was the first piece of furniture we ordered when we moved into our new house 2 years ago and the plan is to move it into the finished basement where we will be setting up a small home theater/video game area. That means we will be in the market for another pair of sofas and some chairs in the near future, and we will definitely be turning towards H&M again, due to the outstanding quality of the leather and overall craftsmanship.

-Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5852.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	15178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5847.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	15179  

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Your Way Sofas & Ottoman

Great review, Doug! When you buy quality, it will last and one day those pieces will probably go to your kid's homes when they first buy THEIR first new house.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.