Print catalogs used to be the main focus of furniture makers, they would spend a lot of money on photography, glossy print, beautiful covers and they would all go out of date 6 months after publishing due to new items and drops. All the websites were (and still are for the most part), offshoots of catalog photography. Most are done as an afterthought and believe me, I hear you and agree with you they could be improved. We are always banging that drum to our suppliers - customers want good websites, they want to be able to shop on their computer in the evening and email questions (and get prompt replies). The world has changed and that print catalog is a dinosaur now, not really relevant any more, marketing money should go into making the best web site possible.

To that end, I think the best website we have seen for furniture is the one from Ralph Lauren. It's gorgeous, well executed, properly structured and every item is photographed at the same position and angle. They have color overlays on their furniture, too. Note that these are tint overlays, not each piece is made up in the cover and photographed, but it works. What do you think? Have you seen a better website than this one? Here's just the chair section

https://www.ralphlauren.com/home-furniture-chairs