Thread: Large Swivel glider and sofa

Default Large Swivel glider and sofa

I think I want to add a large, even chair-and-a-half size if possible, fabric swivel chair. I think I'd like it to glide as well. When I sit in one, it's very soothing. However, I've never had one in my home and don't want something that will ultimately not wear well with the mechanical components. So I don't know if that's a bad idea, plus finding an oversized one has been difficult. Am I looking for the wrong thing?

I also have a sofa dilemma. I purchased a Century Cornerstone sofa 3 years ago. I tried pleasing my husband instead of me, and he never sits on it. I got firm cushions that I despise. I want a down, bench cushion, deep seated sofa. Slipcovered is my preference. My sofa now has the standard Century cushion back that distorts a lot, which I don't like.

I would love some guidance!
    Thank you.

Default Re: Large Swivel glider and sofa

Here's our go-to for Taylor King chair and a 1/2 Swivel chairs, they are very well made and I like them a lot. If we had more space in our store, i would floor a pair of these. 4 of 6 of these are available with Heavy Duty Swivels. Mechs are reliable, no worries there. You are likely to wear the fabric out before the mechanism gives up.

https://www.taylorking.com/furniture...chair-a-halfs/

You can buy new seat and back cores for your Century sofa (we are a dealer for them) but be prepared to invest about $ 1,000 to replace seats and backs. If you are looking to just replace the internal cores, that's an easy swap in. If you are looking to convert to a bench cushion, then you will need a new casing as well and have to select a fabric for the casing.

Do you have a down or fiberfill back cushion setup in your sofa? If down, yes - they are going to crush down. Fiberfill or Qualux (if you want it very structured and firm). Fiberfill can be 'overfilled" to create structure and still have some cush to it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you, those swivel chairs are beautiful. But do they also glide? That's the part I'm having trouble finding and wondering if I should avoid that? Also, I didn't mention I think I want different sofa fabric too . I got the crypton and it's pilling, like you said it can. I really like slipcovers.

Chair and a half swivel chairs need a heavy duty swivel mechanism to support the larger frame and unfortunately, that does not come with glider or rocking capabilities, the mechanism can't take the motion with the frame size.

You can use a small electronic shaver to remove the pills on your Century Sofa - once you run that over the area about two times the pilling typically stops. If you are looking for a softer fabric, we recommend looking for fabrics that have a natural fabric in them, such as linen or cotton. Natural fabrics are also more resistant to pilling. You don't need a 100% natural fabric, a blend will help with the softness and the pilling resistance!

Thanks for info. Bottom line is I want a new couch that's slipcovered and a style I like. Are down bench sofa seats a bad idea? They are so comfortable to me.

A down bench sofa seat - 1 piece - is not going to keep its form factor very well, you will have to keep it fluffed after each use. As long as you are good with that, you are good to go.

https://www.taylorking.com/search/?query=slipcovered
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.