Thread: Where’s my Royal Pedic?

Default Where’s my Royal Pedic?

I’ve been isolating since getting Covid and staying in our newly configured downstairs guest bedroom which has a brand new Kingstown Mattress in the bed. These are $ 1,500 new, so not high end, but not a cheapie, either.

I have to say, it’s far better than most hotel bedding, but I sure do miss sleeping on my 14 year old Royal Pedic. It’s just not the same, the all cotton's are so much better.

Royal Pedic beds are not inexpensive. You’ll spend $7k and up depending on the model in a King Size. Most people recoil at the price when they ask in the store. But if you take the long view, what price comfort? I spend at least 300 nights a year on mine (probable closer to 330) x 14 years that’s 4,200 nights and the Matt should be good for two more years before I replace it. So it costs be about $ 1.40 a day to sleep on a restful bed. Less than a cup of coffee?

Of all the products we sell, the very highest satisfaction rate is with Royal Pedic, in 20 years of being a dealer, I’ve had only one customer that didn’t like the way it slept. Everyone else becomes a true believer and they last twice as long, too.

Try to look past the price when shopping mattresses, get the one that suits you (and your partner).

As soon as I can test Negative, I’m getting back to my Royal Pedic and off that Kingsdown!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Where’s my Royal Pedic?

Hopefully someday I can try or get a Royal Pedic. What made you choose the Kingstown? The way it felt or were you able to learn more about the construction etc?

We have a dealership through Hooker/MARQ and they used re-labeled Kingsdown as their bedding lines is why. I did not research them because I know all these mass produced beds in that price range are basically all the same with very little difference between them. In fact, many come off the same production lines, bedding factories tend to be regional, and produce for all the majors. For example Monday they run Kingsdown, Tuesday they produce Serta, Wednesday they make King Koil, Thursday they might do Simmons....that sort of thing.

There is a wide gap - very wide - from these mass produced beds on assembly lines to a product like Royal Pedic, and there is in price as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

That makes sense!

I remember you saying in another thread that Royal Pedic and Shifman were the companies to go to.