Thread: Bradington Young Sky Zero Gravity Recliner # 6450ZG in Fabric 401100-85

Default Bradington Young Sky Zero Gravity Recliner # 6450ZG in Fabric 401100-85

Just arrived, we ordered this at the April Market so it took 8 months to get here, about right for motion. The good news is this one is stock, so its available off the floor. It's a Zero Gravity Recliner, which means it goes back to the point your legs are higher than your heart, which aids in recovery from surgeries or broken ankles, or even sprains in the legs and feet.

The fabric on this piece is 74% Olefin and 26% Polyester and its a Performance Fabric which means soap and water scrub-able. With this content I would expect this to wear better than average compared to other recliner fabrics. The leather welt trim is an especially nice detail touch which is an extra cost option (leather 922000-84).

This piece is motorized, and is quite smooth and effortless. Power button is in a good spot. Can be adapted to use a battery pack, this one is a plug in.

Comfort : Subjective, of course, but I love it, especially the back lumbar support. I am wide shouldered and it fits me very well, the seat is Spring Down and equally as nice. It's one of the better recliners I have sat in, it fits me very well and I suspect it will most folks.

Design is very good, transitional and a mid-size unit. I think if you are over 6' 2" you would need a larger recliner, otherwise it will fit anyone under that well.

Cons: I would like to see B-Y put more padding around the arms, I can "feel" the wood when I pinch it with my hand. No one pads an arm like Hancock and Moore ...

Price in the store $ 1,825. Made in the USA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY1.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	15291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY2.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	15292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY3.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	15293
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Bradington Young Sky Zero Gravity Recliner # 6450ZG in Fabric 401100-85

I think I probably want to wait until I can afford a Hancock and Moore (probably Bing as I want a swivel glider recliner) but was just curious if this model is only a recliner or a swivel glider too?

Thank you!
    Dennis

Default Re: Bradington Young Sky Zero Gravity Recliner # 6450ZG in Fabric 401100-85

The Zero Gravity units - from all makers - recline so far back that they cannot use swivel / glider mechanisms as they would be unsteady and tend to dump the user out of the chair. They go back considerably further than conventional recliners.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.