Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whittmore-Sherrill # 299-01 Chair and # 299-00 Ottoman in Sauvage S230 Mocha Leather

Default Whittmore-Sherrill # 299-01 Chair and # 299-00 Ottoman in Sauvage S230 Mocha Leather

The very first of our Whittmore-Sherrill order, excited to get it and now in the store and available. Its a beautiful piece, and the workmanship and tailoring is as fine as anything coming out of Hancock and Moore. I found no flaws on it whatsoever. The hides are great - pure aniline and hand burnished. This chair is going to get compared to the Hancock and Moore Author Chair as well as the Ralph Lauren Write's chair. So let's compare all in similar leathers.

Ralph Lauren Price $ 11,865 (chair only) (do they have sale prices? I don't know)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Writers RL.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	15325

Hancock and Moore Price $ 4,248 (chair only)

Name:	Auth3.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	15326

Whittmore Sherrill Price $ 3,058 (chair only)

Name:	WS2.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	15328

Of course, the price is the largest factor - and its significant. I don't see any build issue differences and visually the chairs are all the same. I don't have either a RL or HM to sit in for an immediate comparison so to the best of my memory, they sit alike for all practical purposes. The largest difference is in the ottoman, from Hancock and Moore is lower and wider, the Whittmore Sherril is taller and I do like that lower ottoman which is a personal preference. WS ottoman is $ 1,358 vs H&M at $ 1,698.

For the price difference on the combos H&M ($ 5,946) vs WS ($ 4,416) which is $ 1,530, I think the clear winner in that contest is the Whittmore Sherrill, We have this set in the store, come check it out

Name:	WS5.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	15329
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WS1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	15327  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Whittmore-Sherrill # 299-01 Chair and # 299-00 Ottoman in Sauvage S230 Mocha Leat

A few more photos

Name:	ws9.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	15330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WS10.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	201.2 KB 
ID:	15331
    Duane Collie

Default Re: Whittmore-Sherrill # 299-01 Chair and # 299-00 Ottoman in Sauvage S230 Mocha Leat

I love the style of these chairs from all the manufacturers. I can't believe no one has come up with this style of back and arms on a recliner base.

Quote Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
    I love the style of these chairs from all the manufacturers. I can't believe no one has come up with this style of back and arms on a recliner base.
    Hancock & Moore does a recliner version named the Grant, but while it looks the same, it does sit differently

https://www.hancockandmoore.com/Prod...tail/?SKU=7004
    Duane Collie

I’m really looking forward to your photos of more of the new Whittmore Sherrill pieces you have coming in! Thank you for keeping the photos and your assessments coming!

And I love your assessment (so far) that the quality and workmanship of WS is on the same level as H&M.

I’m wondering if you can share online what the price will be for the WS 121-01? (you or Sarah told me once before, but I can’t find the email - sorry!) I think you are expecting that soon too.
    Last edited by ddmorganson; 01-06-2023 at 02:43 AM.

Duane or Sarah, I’m wondering if either of you know whether or not WS makes a recliner similar to the H&M Bing with swivel/glider?

I just checked the WS website and didn’t find anything but that doesn’t mean anything if I don’t know exactly where to look.

I was impressed with the price difference between the two similar versions Duane posted above and wonder if it might be similar with something like the Bing in the WS lineup.

What a difference the leather and feet make! Your chair looks so much nicer to me than the one on the H&M website. Good to know.

Sold this morning….we can order another!
    Duane Collie

9. 01-06-2023

Yes, that WS 121-01 was ordered in September and will be $ 3,398 in our store when it arrives in a high end burnished leather called Sauvage Bark.

Whittmore-Sherrill is a different company than Hancock and Moore, and they don't have one-price-book policy that Hancock and Moore does, they tailor individual pricing programs to a given dealer which means items like this first 299-01 chair that we will probably always floor may have more significant price advantage over ones we do not floor. So you will see some frames that are killer deals, maybe others not so much. We have to figure all that out as our relationship with them evolves, there are a lot of moving parts in setting up a new supplier line.

Also, they are not as consumer-friendly as Hancock and Moore. You are not going to get free cushion core replacements, or be able to take a piece back to them for repair or re-work. That was a culture set up at Hancock and Moore set by Jack Glasheen and Jimmy Moore and part of H&M's DNA, that won't happen at Sherrill. Then again. most other suppliers will not do that either, its unique to H&M.

Whittmore-Sherrill's motion line is MOTIONCRAFT so for all recliners look there. https://www.motioncraft-furniture.com/ We have pricing information forthcoming on that group, but have nothing right now on it. Hopefully will have it next week.
    Duane Collie

So if it looks as good as H&M and seems as well made as H&M, how is WS doing it for 30% less? Is this a promo, or overseas savings, or H&M profit taking, or what?