Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacment Cushion cores

Default Replacment Cushion cores

Do you know if it is possible to get replacement back cushion cores for the City sofa that do not contain any down? My doctor would like me to eliminate any feather products due to my lung condition. The pillow and blanket on the bed are easy, the sofa not so much. Do they make them for the back in anything other than down? I don't worry so much about the seat cushions which only have a little and it seems more contained, but the back cores when fuffed do release feathers. I guess I would have to pay the full cost since they are not the same cores that came with the sofa, and I have no idea how expensive that would be. I could actually use a new core for the back where I sit all the time anyway, since I can no longer fluff it back fully into shape.

Default Re: Replacment Cushion cores

If you have standard back cores, then you have no feathers or down in them, it’s made of fiber-fill, which is a man-made material. Only if you upgraded to Ultra Down backs (few do) will you have any down or feathers in the core. Do you recall how you spec’s the sofa from your selling dealer? If now, it can be decoded from the registration number on the seat deck label.

Yes, you can get new cores for the back if you like. H&M will offer free replacements for ONLY the original type of core used in the build, but you have to pay the shipping charge. However if you have Ultra Down inserts in the back and want to move to Fiber Fill, that would be a buy purchase on all of them
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Yes, I have Ultra down backs. I know rules are rules, but I would bet it would be less expensive for them to send the fiber fill ones as replacement rather than the original ultra down, lol. I would request extra fill too if I were going to pay in full anyway. I can contact the original dealer but I would like to know what it should cost first. Thanks for your help.

They come from two different supplier, the Ultra Down supplier is different from the Fiber Fill one.

Our price at The Keeping Room for Fiber Plush Backs is $ 130 per unit (x 3 = $ 390) + shipping.
    Duane Collie

Thanks. Going to check with my doctors again to make sure it is really necessary. Especially since I could get the Ultra Down for 100.00. Do you know, do they crush down more or less than the Ultra Down or abou the same? 2 of the 3 are pretty good, the middle one of coarse, is perfect. The one where I sit all the time has seen better days. I can puff it up when someone is coming over but it quishes right back down again after sitting there for just a little while and even after fluffing it just doesn't look as full as the others any more.

Leather is non-porous, and the down is encased in ticking that is "down-proof", but a feather will still pop out once in awhile. Even then, the only place it can "air" is through the vent panel on the backside of the cushion. The front and four sides are all-leather so there is no pass through at all on the leather panels themselves.

"Ultra Down" and "Down" back cores are one-in-the-same.
    Duane Collie

Sorry, I meant to ask if the fiberfill crushes down more or less than the ultra down. I understand the ultra down and down are the same thing.

Fiber Fill does not migrate as much as Down, so while the crush is about the same in my experience, the down tends to move around more and settle more in the lower part of the casing as the piece is used and ages. Not a lot, but some...
    Duane Collie

Duane, can you pls answer a question? As I encourage my adult children to search for used Hancock & Moore furniture in lieu of low quality Ashley or other, will Hancock & Moore replace cores if you are not the original purchaser? Do you need the original purchase receipt? How does the request for new cores work? Tku

The replacement policy applies to the original owner only, and you go through your selling dealer. This is why it’s so important to save your receipt, which few people do. I suggest you take your receipt and put it into the seat cushion on the bottom, zip it in.
    Duane Collie