As we come into 2023, we did not see a single price increase from any of our suppliers, which is great news! In every past year, we have always had one effective in January. They are holding the line.

Orders have slowed across all lines and makes. The Low End is affected the most, as inflation is affecting that buyer who is (right now) spending their money on gas and groceries. There are layoffs in the Hickory NC region at the low-end makers and four day work weeks at those factories.

Premium producers such as what we at The Keeping Room carry are still at capacity, however order times are improving and instead of 6 months, I am told to expect closer to 4 months on most. We will see, I don't put too much stock in predictions, the proof is when it rolls off the 18-wheeler and we do the math to the order date. It's better to under-promise and over-deliver than the other way around.

Everyone is getting out of China. For both furniture and leathers/fabrics. You are going to see drops in leathers that come out of Chinese tanneries as the move for hides is going to South America. For Case goods that are imported, sourcing is moving to Vietnam and India.

Hancock & Moore has their new, 3rd production line humming along and because its doing so well, they are going to roll out a new promotional line this Spring, yet un-named. You may see it as "Hancock at Home", but that has not been decided. This will be a price point line, designed to hit specific pricing targets without compromising quality and build, so I will expect shapes to be kept simple and covers to be value-oriented. I have no further information on it at this time, expect to see it in April, hopefully.