Thread: Hancock & Moore # 6823-3 Grandview Sofa as shown at Market

Default Hancock & Moore # 6823-3 Grandview Sofa as shown at Market

Apologies for the photos, this sofa is SO big and SO heavy, that we unloaded it from the freight truck and unpacked in our truck, I didn't want to bring it on the ground because the packed weight is 465 lbs, by far the heaviest sofa we have ever had in the store. And the frame on this is solid as a brick, I kid you not. So it was unpacked in the truck, the photos are bad - and it will stay in the truck until delivered to the client.

This is one impressive sofa, I've never seen anything like it at our store. It's over 104" long and 45" deep. The Pelham Mist Burnished leather is magnificent, it has custom "j" stitching on the cushions, a gimp along the base and every custom feature Hancock and Moore can throw at it. Hamlin Walnut was used for the contrast leather. Espresso finish. I would strongly advise against a premium finish on it, or even a smooth standard because of the size and difficulty handling, the wood trim is bound to get nicked, pick a distressed finish (like Espresso) that is easy to touch up.

How does it sit? WOW.....terrific. I didn't think it would based on measurements, but I really like it. About like a well made Chesterfield but even better. I could enjoy this sofa every time I sat on it. You can even lay down on this one with a 77" inside length. Expensive piece, but this is Hancock and Moore at its finest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grand1.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	199.7 KB 
ID:	15348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand2.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	15349
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 6823-3 Grandview Sofa as shown at Market

Wow...what a beautiful piece!

I haven't seen Pelham Mist before...almost a sea foam green character to it...love the contrast variation.

Not an option in the T&C burnished...maybe someday...curious how this would compare to the Hyde Park Avocado color.

465 pounds!!!...be careful Duane!!

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 6823-3 Grandview Sofa as shown at Market

Pelham Mist is similar to what I would call a Robin's Egg Blue then tinted and burnished with a Dark Brown glaze, the effect is unique and very classy. It's a newer introduction and I think you will see it being used more and more, another client just ordered a Sybil Swivel chair in it this past Saturday. What I like about it is that it blends out well with browns, a good flow into a decor scheme. It's very different than HP Avacado.

Yes, I am too old and broke down to haul sofas this heavy. In my late 60's now, I leave this to the young bucks.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.