I am sitting in a 36 year old Lazy Boy recliner now. It's been great...but has some issues now and the fabric needs replacing again. The mechanisms are wearing out. I use my recliner for work(on my laptop), taking naps, and just watching tv. It's probably the most used chair in the house. No use in trying to get a new mechanism for it...since they are garbage now.

Went to the store and looked around. Man, those Lazy Boys are still comfortable and the rocker recliner is great to sit in. My favorite feature is the back operates independently of the footrest. That's impossible to find on other recliners. However, the chairs were garbage and we know they wouldn't last. The footrest alone wobbled like a drunk and I'd be surprised if it held up for more than a month.

About 10 years ago we bought Lazy Boys chairs to replace these 36 year old ones. The quality was so horrid we were lucky enough to get our money back on them. The chair was attached the frame crooked. It took a lot of calls to Lazy Boy but they charged us a pickup fee and took the chairs back...refunding our money. I bet it wouldn't be that easy now.

I looked at Flexsteel and thought it a better chair than the Lazy Boy. Smith Brothers looked and felt like a quality chair, too. I found a Smith Brothers that seemed equivalent to the Bradington Young brand...and very similar to what my wife liked in the BY. I think I'll go try it out again tomorrow as I have some experience today in sitting in more recliners.