One of our forum members purchased one of the Handcock & Moore Traveler's Chairs we have in stock, and I was lucky enough to have one still in the H&M factory packing. For something this size (chair / recliner) I can strap to a pallet as you see here and get it shipped on a truck line very reasonable if going to a business or commercial address. This one is going to Michigan and it was just $ 158 to ship it, pickup this coming Tuesday and delivery to him on Thursday, two day time frame via Ward Trucking. We use Ward Trucking for all our Fjords products that come out of New Jersey and never had a damage claim.

If this had gone residential delivery with a home delivery service it would have been about $ 350 via a U-Ship Carrier, and $ 900 via Plycon Van Lines. The trick is to get this rate it has to go Business to Business with no call ahead services or additional. I have pallets and straps as shown. We cannot rebox an item that has been unpacked though and once its out of the box/crate we have to use the blanket services.

This does not work for sofas.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Travel.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	15354