Thread: Whittemore Sherrill # 1976-03 Sofa in Sauvage Mocha Leather arrived

Default Whittemore Sherrill # 1976-03 Sofa in Sauvage Mocha Leather arrived

Our first Whittemore-Sherrill leather sofa arrived this afternoon, in the same magnificent leather of the first chair and ottoman to get here (Sauvage Mocha). We have no room in the store and will have to wait until Saturday 01.21.23 to install it when we take several sold items out. Price in this piece will be $ 5,695 and we have not seen this in person before, but are told this is their top seller so we ordered it with confidence. Will update this thread with photos when we unpack it. This is available to purchase without a wait (this was ordered Sept 23, 2022).

We have been selling a lot off the floor recently, and have called around to all our suppliers to get replacement items for stock. Some are coming from the High Point Market Showrooms, others we had to order and wait. We did not expect our floor stock to sell out as fast as it has. What we will have coming quickly (3 weeks appx) are a Century Fabric Sofa, a Sherrill Fabric Sofa, a Hancock and Moore Leather sofa, and two Hancock and Moore leather chairs from their showroom. All have significant discounts, watch this posting area for updates as they arrive.

Additionally, there is a H&M 9844 City Sofa in Luggage Russett (GR4) available immediately should anyone be looking for one. However, we took a pass on that one as it's not discounted for floor stock - they want full regular price for it which would make it $ 8,186 in the store. It's similar to the Sherrill that just arrived in form factory and leather grade.

We look for DEALS for floor stock, to get YOU better pricing when you come in the store! Seriously!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Whittemore Sherrill # 1976-03 Sofa in Sauvage Mocha Leather arrived

Installed in the store today, I am very happy with the way this turned out. I have gone all over this piece looking at the workmanship and it meets or exceeds what I anticipated. The burnished leather is gorgeous and full of fat wrinkles and the baseball stitching is finely done. The sit is excellent.

We have a Hancock and Moore Doyle sofa next to this to compare and contrast if you happen to come in the store. There is not much difference in the comfort (the Doyle has a slightly taller back), but there is in the price. The Doyle in a GR 4 Burnished leather is $ 7,648 vs the Sherrill at $ 5,695. That's over two thousand dollars when you add in sales tax - that's substantial.

Sherrill still uses a Spring Edge, they are probably the last of the major makers doing so. The Spring Edge is the vertical area directly under the seat cushion, it has appx 2" of compression when you sit on the sofa, making it a bit more plush. A hard edge used by everyone else does not give. You might not ever notice it if I didn't point it out, but now that you know if you sit on both you can see there is a difference that you may, or may not like.

As much as I love the H&M brand, the price difference here is compelling and makes Whittmore-Sherrill a real contender in this market, plus they are delivering quicker than most by appx 2 months. They are not going to give you free cushion core replacements like H&M does (you still have to pay the shipping with H&M, however). but cores last 10 years or longer in most all cases.

Cool sofa, I like it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sherril1.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	15373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sherrill2.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	15374
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.