Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hancock & Moore leather selection

Default Re: Hancock & Moore leather selection

Thank you for your response, Mr. Collie. I’ll take Mustang off the list too. I’m trying to consolidate my leather options.

As far as sofas, it’s hard deciding when the Hancock and Moore stock is so limited in stores. I hate to make a selection based on a photo.

For the family room I would like comfort for sitting plus laying down. I actually lay down on the sofa more when watching tv.
    I like the looks of the Rugby Club sofa; but, read on your forum the back tilts back a bit. We currently have the Austin sofa with matching chair so this is what I’d be comparing to. These also look nice in the photos: Ashmore, Danvers, Doyle,
    French Curve. I read you like the French Curve sofa for comfort. Of course, comfort is subjective. Do you regularly carry any of these sofas? I’m leaning towards sofas which don’t have loose pillows.

For the living room, I like the looks of the Rita sofa and the Henessey sofa. By chance, have you seen either of these?

Thank you again for taking the time to respond.
    Last edited by DisneyFan; 04-04-2023 at 03:07 PM.

The Austin is a great sitting sofa, but not so much for laying down for a lot of people as the lower bustle cushion protrudes.

A Doyle is the champ for double duty of both sitting and napping. It has the roll arms, T-Cushion and plenty of depth. I have French Curves in my own home and they are not deep enough to lay down on and the arm also has too sharp an edge. I have both of those on display in my store. Ashmore is OK, but its not a large sofa. Rugby Club has box cushions and is OK, but not real roomy in my opinion. Rita is not a lay-down unit, nor is the Hennessey.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Good afternoon,
    Does the Doyle sofa have loose back cushions or are they attached? They appear to be loose; but, I just wanted to verify.
    You mentioned the Rugby has boxed cushions. Is that a bad thing? I was thinking attached back cushions wouldn’t have to be readjusted. I’m not into fixing back cushions…lol

There’s so much to learn. I’m so glad I stumbled upon your website. You are truly knowledgeable and it’s much appreciated!

I forgot to mention, the Rita or Henessey would be for the living room. No need for napping there…lol.
    Last edited by DisneyFan; 04-05-2023 at 02:15 PM.

The Doyle does have loose back cushions. I would advise that you sit in something with a tight back as it is a very different feel than the Austin you currently have.

Additionally, have you considered the Your Way series in the Deep sizing? It may not be as visually elegant as the models you are currently considering but will allow for something you can lay down on and likely be more affordable than most other options. We have the Y87 deep sofa and I have fallen asleep on it many times. The cushions on this sofa are loose but they attach quite strongly with Velcro to the sofa frame. Thus the amount of "fixing" needed should be minimal.

Cheers!

Hmmm…I’ll look into the Your Way sofa. Does the Doyle sofa have Velcro back cushions too?

I’ve been reading several posts…attempting to be a more educated consumer then in the past. I know, without doubt, you definitely prefer unprotected leather over protected. I’m leaning towards burnished leather for our family room. I’m not concerned about it for the sofa. I’m just wondering if you still recommend it for my husband’s recliner? He’s on quite a bit of medication and the oils from his body didn’t do well with the Cavalier Oxblood. Do you think the burnished leather would be best for his recliner too? I wanted to make sure before ordering leather samples.

He currently has the Austin power recliner. He said he’s open to other styles too! He’s 5’10”. I was also wondering if the Austin lift chair goes back as far as the regular Austin?

Thank you so much for your help.

All H&M sofas that are not tight-backs or attached have Velcro strips in the back of the loose cushions to help secure to the back of the piece.

Read this on preventing color loss / staining

https://www.myfurnitureforum.com/sho...highlight=wipe

There are so many better units than the Austin Power Recliner, that's one of the few pieces H&M makes that I don't care for. If you want that in a Lift chair, yes - it goes back just as far. For a conventional recliner take a look at the 1044 Sadler, should fit him perfectly. Also the Westwood, which I have in my own home (I'm the same height).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.