Thread: Experience Matters

Default Experience Matters

My Century Furniture Rep was nervous because they have never really carried motion at Century and they are absorbing Classic Leather lines (and their recliner division) after the purchase of that company in December. She said "I have to go to training on these power recliners and deal with any warranty issues in my territory on them, not looking forward to that complexity"

I said "Kay, I can tell you all you need to know about power recliners in 60 seconds"

1) 90% of the time the reason the recliner doesn't work is the cord has become unplugged, usually because someone stepped on the wire and pulled it loose, there is a connection under the chair as well as the visible ones, check them all.

2) If the wires are plugged in and it doesn't work, the switch is the culprit, usually because someone spilled a drink into it, especially sodas!

3) Always put a surge protector on the outlet, tell everyone that. Few people do it, but a surge will fry all the components if the house gets a surge and guess what - no warranty on that! Small ones are just $ 10 at Walmart or Amazon

4) If the recliner footrest and mech is leaning to one side, or they find metal parts on the floor, the rivets are gone. They are not repairable, though many try. It will need a new mechanism

There, that's all there is to power recliners....I just saved you a day of training.
    Last edited by sarahc; 02-25-2023 at 12:49 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.