Hi there,

I'm looking for a little advice and to hopefully have a question or two answered.
We are shopping for a high-end "close to the wall" motion sofa. So far, we have narrowed our search down to four brands:

Stickley
Hancock & Moore (Your Way 2)
MotionCraft by Sherrill
Bradington-Young

Given that these manufacturers all are buying the same mechanisms, is there any appreciable quality difference between the four brands when specifically talking about Motion pieces?

Do I have these ordered properly from most to least expensive?

Bradington-Young has two motion lines: Luxe for Living and Luxury Motion. What is the difference in the two lines? We've only been able to see and sit in a Luxe for Living model so far.

Do these manufacturers institute strict dealer price controls or are dealers free to discount if they want to? We haven't done any serious comparison shopping between dealers, and I would like to know if it's even worth the effort.

Will any of these manufacturers make a little custom piece for us if we want them to? We have older small dogs and I was thinking about a small step stool to help them get up on the couch on their own. Is that something any of these manufacturers would make for us if we wanted something that compliments our new sofa?

Thank you so much!
Shawn