Duane outfitted our great room beautifully with all H&M pieces four years ago. We went unprotected all the way! Thanks to Duane I knew how to clean them and three out of four still look great. My husband's Monaco has browned out. We are replacing the Monaco because it's not supportive enough lumbar-wise.

I believe my husband's leather has browned due to medications or just natural skin differences. The arms are brown while the seat is tan (Hyde Park). So, we're looking at protected leathers for the new recliner. I know the color is painted on and can come off due to friction or lack of cleaning. We experienced a complete loss of the second color on the arms of our H&M office chair with protected leather despite regular cleaning. I'm assuming friction was the culprit.

My question is for those with protected leather on H&M recliners. Have you experienced much loss of color? (Noticeable/not noticeable/how many years into use) If so, was it despite adequate cleaning?

Yes - I read the long posts on different types of leather and the care regime. Thank you, Duane.

What I'm seeking is info on experience with how the H&M protected leather holds up on recliner arms. My office chair experience tells me not to buy protected from H&M but my B-Y recliners (2 years old) and Stickley Durango recliner (four years old) all show zero color loss so far. I'm wondering if the poor performance of the office chair is due to the tight stretch of the leather around the quite narrow arm rest.