As I wrap up our basement finish, I need to pick out three bar stools for the bar and four chairs for a small counter height table. The bar and associated cabinets are natural cherry. I have attached an image of the layout. Some friends are giving us a small four person counter height round glass topped table with black metal legs. This which will do for now; but will get replaced down the road. I have been looking at two styles of bar stools. a mission style wooden chair (undecided on a padded seat or wood seat) or a leather stool. See pictures below for examples.

There is a lot of variation in cherry, even from the same tree. The cherry bar and cabinets won't have a stain and will darken over time. So, it might be challenging to get the bar stools to match the bar even if I get them in natural cherry like the bar and cabinets, so I am open to other options for color.

Any suggestions on a leather stool vs the wood chair? As for style, the bar and cabinets are traditional with flat panel doors and the family room furniture, about 20 feet away, are also traditional and will be in a medium tan fabric with panel arms with bronze nail heads.

Thanks for any advice!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BarStools.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	15506

Name:	RH-Yoder-Harper-Stationary-Bar-Chair-large.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	15507