Hi Duane and the rest of the community -

Thanks to all of you (and esp Duane) for the fantastic education! I have been lurking for the past day or so, voraciously eating up everything I can on recliners.

Just recently entered the market for a glider/recliner...I am pregnant and the seatback on my current sofa is way too short for me to sit comfortably given my morning sickness! I also heard that gliders are good for feeding/putting to sleep the baby.

Duane, is buying an H&M for feeding purposes ridiculous? I started at the VERY low end of the market ($200 purpose-built Storkcraft) and have steadily climbed the price tiers as I seek return for my investment (warranties, etc), even going beyond what is financially comfortable for me, prodded by your passionate arguments for H&M.

I hear you on H&M quality, but I fear that the styles are not very conducive to my immediate needs - in particular, heavily padded armrests to help me support the baby and wider seat so that the little ones might squeeze in with me later on down the road. I know you don't reco recliners per se and prefer the Austin Tilt Back with Ottoman, but for me glider mechanism is important. I also saw your recos for petite Leathercraft (I am 5'3") but again, I seek a wider chair.

Any advice on models (H&M, BY, other) I should consider? Or should I just buy a crappy throwaway piece to get me by (I'm hoping for #2 in a couple years) and then re-enter the higher-end market afterward?

Any women out there have ideas? Thanks so much in advance for your thoughts.
Eileen