I purchased a very large leather sectional flexsteel couch with recliners on opposite ends.My experiecne was the worst buying experience in my 64 years of living.The only reason I bought flexsteel was they had the color of leather I wanted otherwise I would have bought another brand.I felt the quality was not qorth the high price.Well I had bought other sectional couches in the 1970`s and 1980 when they were first popular.I had had problems with the fabric or leather sections matching in color and shade.Now I am not picky I understand everything can`t be perfect.But when the dyelots are completely different we have a problem with the couch looking like a checkerd board.I sent many E-mails to flexsteel asking to save time having the couch sent back Please make sure the sections match to the point they look like they belong together.My couch was ordered from the factory and I had to wait weeks for delivery.Well what do you know one section was completely different.Not only in the color but the Leather was rough and much darker than the other sections.All athe other sections matched very well.But this one section was so different it looked like it belonged to a different couch.The leather was terrible rough to touch and look at much darker and just completely of poor quality,and the recliner was sticking and not releasing and catching properly.I fired off an e-mail questioning why this had to happen.I received a phone call from a man identifying him as the owner of the company.He was unbelievably rude ,condesending,called me names and just plain told me off for complaining about the couch.Also he told me that He will not warranty the product if I keep the couch.and he will not replace the couch telling me he was not going to sell me another couch.The guy was actually yelling at me and calling me names..Heres the catch.I paid 4 thousand cash for the couch but they wanted to come back and pick up the couch,with no replacement and I would not get my money back for a couple of weeks.So I will have no couch and no money.Hoping that at some time I might receive my money back.Flexsteel has the worst customer service,and the man who called me was a completely unprofessional J-rk.I ending up having the one section re covered in matching leather by a local upolstery shop.You can do much better with other brand furniture.Thank you JD