Thread: Special Ordering a H&M Sofa

Threaded View

jswink Guest

Default Special Ordering a H&M Sofa

Duane,
    We have decided to buy the HM City Sofa in Antelope Almond and have made a deposit with the local dealer. We are getting a very fair price and are dealing with an exceptional salesman. We have placed the order with an CFA and have received that back as well. We are almost ready to order. The original order was for the 9844. It is deeper (41 inches) and therefore more comfortable for me than the smaller 9840 (38 inches). My SO insists that the length of the 9844 will not work in the room --post order. So we want the 9840 length with the 9844 depth. Our understanding is that altering the sofa dimensions will be about $300.00. My question is will H&M deepen the lower priced 9840 or will they shorten the higher priced 9844? We would like to save any money that we can on the changes necessary to make the sofa be everything we want it to be. We are already well over the budget we had originally set and this could be a deal breaker. Will our local salesman negotiate for us or does H&M have a set policy on something like this. I did call H&M today, but the CS rep was not able to find out the policy from the office. What has been your experience with situations like this?
    Last edited by jswink; 03-16-2009 at 08:16 PM.