We are in search of a reclining sectional to replace an older reclining sofa. Our old set is 12 years old and held up very well but doesn't fit into our new space. I did not understand, until I started this search, than many old name brands have moved their manufacturing to China since we last purchased reclining furniture.

My sister recently had a horrible experience purchasing kitchen cabinets that were billed as 'made in the usa' but were, in fact, flat pack china cabinets that were assembled in the USA. More than half of the doors had to be replaced due to quality control issues. The retailer didn't even ask for the old doors back - just told them to throw them out. Shows what they think of their own product. This leaves me very leery of any furniture coming out of China.

I understand that reclining furniture is manufactured differently than stationary upholstered pieces and the reclining mechanism precludes the use of the normal quality construction methods (8 way tied springs for instance). I think this makes it all the more important to find furniture with the best quality fabric and foam so the sofa cushions maintain their shape. I am having difficulty sourcing USA made reclining furniture with a local retail outlet. I like the look of Carolina Chair recliners but they have no stores. My husband is understandably nervous about ordering furniture that he can't sit on and try out.

Does anyone have any recent experience ordering motion sofa's or motion sectionals? Is their a chart I can access that shows true 'made in the usa' motion furniture manufacturers? Thanks in advance for any help offered!

If possible, I'd like to keep the price in the $3000 region.