Thread: New H&M Sundance sofa in portfolio claret

Threaded View

strofferazo Guest

Default New H&M Sundance sofa in portfolio claret

New sofa delivered yesterday. On a scale of 1-10, I would give it a 7. It is stunning. However, on one of the back cushions, the top is kind of "crimped" rather than straight across like the other two. It is quite noticeable. I guess I can live with that although I have to say it is disappointing. If I saw it in a store like that, I would not buy it, so why would you expect that when you custom order it? Then again - I realize you can't expect perfection. There is also a nail or screw sticking out of the bottom of the frame, but I am sure the dealer will have someone come and repair that. I ordered this sofa with the spring-down seat cushions because that was what the store model I sat in had (although now I am not so sure about that, even though they insisted!). Mine does not feel like the one in the store. Mine is much softer (which I do not like). Here are some pictures. I do like the sofa - it is beautiful, but because it is not as comfortable as I expected, I don't quite love it! Hoping maybe I can send the cushions back and have more fill added to make them firmer. Edited to add: H&M said no can do... I will have to order new cushions through my dealer if I want firmer cushions. My dealer, when I just called him, said it is just "my opinion" that my cushions are softer, because HE sat on my sofa when it came in and in "his opinion" they are both exactly the same. And he reminded me that they ordered the sofa with spring down cushions for me because I wanted it to feel exactly like the one in the store, and that is what they had. Uh, ok.... that isn't how I'd talk to a customer who just spent thousands of dollars at my store, but whatever... live and learn; it might be better just to always buy off the floor so you can actually see your item and try it beforehand .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sofa.jpg 
Views:	1209 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	7287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back cushion.jpg 
Views:	595 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	7288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back.jpg 
Views:	613 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	7289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side and cushion.jpg 
Views:	630 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	7290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sofa1.jpg 
Views:	687 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	7291
    Last edited by strofferazo; 06-04-2015 at 12:55 PM.