Hi all,

Just joined. Been trying to find a top of the line cherry queen poster bed. I've never had a matching bedroom set and I am determined to buy one - and buy one that will last 30 years or more. I want a bedroom set that, when I wake up, I look around and think to myself "Wow! I must be rich!"

Seems like the current fashion in furniture is clean and simple, which does not line up with my taste. I found one cool bed from Henkel Harris. Rice carved. Thing is, it has these really complicated bed posts (which I like), then a giant headboard that connects them with nothing on it, just a blank chunk o' wood. It looks strange to me to see intricately carved posts, then a giant slab of wood with no trim, carvings or other details.

The bed I get doesn't have to be rice carved. But I don't really care for the really simple, clean stuff like pencil poster beds and such. I want (and am willing to pay for) some detail.

Also, are these four poster queen beds inherently wobbly? I had a couple cheap ones from Rooms2Go, they made great kindling. I had a more expensive one from Drexel (I think) and it wobbled. Do all beds of this nature inevitably start to wobble, regardless of the quality? If so, I will have to rethink my choice of style.

Any help would be appreciated. If it is useful, I live in Knoxville TN.