We are looking for a recliner that fits my husband, who is tall - 6'4" - and found a Bradington-Young that has a nice depth of 22". I then found a Smith Brothers recliner that is very similar. I really like both and they are similar in price. From what I have read, the BY is a superior brand and made in America. I can't find much online regarding the quality of the Smith Brothers, but it is also made in America and seems like good quality. They don't have an 8 way hand tied spring system, but, they do have more leather options that I like. Is 8 way hand tied really the only mark of a good support system for a recliner? What is known about the Smith Brothers and are their recliners similar in quality to BY? Also, the sales person for BY says we should purchase their store's protectant for the leather. Yet, the Smith Brothers sales person says it's better to leave the leather alone. So many different stories depending on the sales person you talk to. The more I shop, the more confusing it becomes...