A number of you have made purchases on furniture from dealers, either local or long distance. One of the best things you can do it let your fellow forum members know of your experiences - either good or bad - in your buying adventure.

Several have purchased directly from my store and I really do appreciate hearing your opinions. That's the only way I can know what I'm doing right - or doing wrong. Many store owners operate under the premise that "no news is good news", but that can sweep away any chances to improve upon a buying experience. Your review does not have to be of my store, it can be of Furnitureland South, or Boyles, or Lexington, or any dealer for that matter. Also, if you had a great experience or a poor one with the delivery company - lets hear it!

I recently stopped using two delivery companies because of the poor service and damages they did to a few orders that were caused by untrained and unprofessional staff. I have to hear about these stories in order to work to find a better delivery service as well. And if the delivery service was first-rate, I'd like to hear about that too.

How was your impression of your furniture? Did it meet or exceed your expectations or did it fall short? Would you buy it again?

Would you buy from the same selling dealer again? Why or why not?

Forums like this are a valuable resource of information, but it takes ALL the members to contribute so everyone can benefit from it. Please take the time to let us know how it worked out for you.