You wonder why people don't do more custom made stuff ? Because of examples like the person who did his own sidelights.

We are looking for 2 tables (dining room, large kitchen). I don't know exactly what I want, so I can't commission it (or don't know where to ), but I haven't stumbled across that perfect piece yet. I find one I like, but the size is wrong, or the size is right and the legs wrong. So I still have my 10 yr. old one that is the wrong size with kids paint on it and horrid chairs.

So where do I go ? (I refuse to buy PB or RH or CB or EA even though they have something that I could 'make work')

I am looking at getting built-in cabinets in our familiy room. I would like a distressed painted black wood... so the type of wood is somewhat immaterial. I don't want my regular contractor to do it, because I want some cool looking distressed wood. When I talked to the cabinet guy, who will get the finish right, he took over a month to email me a quote. I guess I question how much he really wants the business right now for him to take that long.

Honestly, I'd rather give the business to a small cabinet-maker, but they don't exist around me. Or I don't know of any. So... if anyone knows of any in the SE PA region or Duane, you want to come for a day trip and do:
1) built in tv cabinet
2) built in shelves
3) built in computer cabinet
4) morning room table and chairs (large room!)
5) dining room table and chairs

email me. please.