Quote Originally Posted by barbja View Post
I've been told that H&M is a 'semi-custom' manufacturer, but I'm not entirely sure what that means. I know that you can change up the leathers, nail heads (or no nail heads), welting, etc. Can you do something extreme like, say add a few inches of width or depth to a frame?

The one specific style that I like the best just isn't long enough (inside width) to meet my needs. I've been searching for an alternate, but if it's at all possible to make what I like 'bigger', I'd like to look into that.

Ideally, what I'd want is a tower sofa that's 6-9" longer and 2" deeper. Why, you ask? I frequently lay on the sofa and the longer the better to prevent a 'fight' with my son who wants to sit at the other end. My current sofa has an inside width of 72"; I shouldn't go smaller than that.

From the crop that matches my measurements, my current 2nd favorite is the rugby club, but I just don't think it has the style of the tower.

Heh. It means that H&M will custom build you most anything if your checkbook can take the hit. As a general rule of thumb if you are talking frame mods in depth or length, take the price of the sofa as whole and then half again as much for the custom work. So, if the sofa is $ 2,000 and you want it 2" deeper, its now going to be around $ 3,000.

There are so many large and deep sofas in the H&M line that you should be able to find one without having to customize a smaller one. Many of the new larger sofas just came on board in 2008.

Some of the styles:

Settlement # 4192
Trade # 5049
Darby # 4129
Sanctuary # 4685
Sundance # 4717
Carmel # 4872