Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Which Chair to go with my new 5483 Lynne Sofa?

artielange Guest

Default Re: Which Chair to go with my new 5483 Lynne Sofa?

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    Hopefully they still have some left, as they still have a couple of pieces in the Town and Country program that are in that leather

Very possible, as the Capri Maize I ordered is no longer on the website either, but H & M had one final batch coming in, and my hides were reserved from that.

crunchysue Guest

I'm hoping they still have some, too!
    Oh no!!! They cant take that one away!!! Maybe that's why it's not on the website!?! Hopefully they still have some left, as they still have a couple of pieces in the Town and Country program that are in that leather ( including the Hadley chair I'm considering) ughhhhh!

crunchysue Guest

I started a new thread about Tiburon Butternut. In a nutshell, it's cancelled, but we can still get one last order in. Bad news is that it's now a Grade 4 with no CFA available.

Then he told me that if he were going to pay GR4 prices that no way would he get Tiburon because it's hard and Capri is so much softer. So now I'm torn. Based on the samples, I love the color of Tiburon Butternut way better than Capri Butternut. The Capri seemed to have maroon undertones to me, but he says it doesn't.

Also, I like the idea of a pull-up hide that shows marks. But Duane's comments about how hard Tiburon is are kind of scaring me off. He says Weston is much softer than Tiburon, but the samples seemed the same to me. Arg! So hard to make decisions sight unseen! Or sight unfelt.

artielange Guest

How annoying to think you have everything settled, and then you don't! I'm really surprised that H&M doesn't sell much Tiburon Butternut because it is a fantastic caramel color with a lovely finish. I can't say whether it's hard or not because I have it on lightly upholstered bar stools that don't allow for much give to the leather, but it feels soft to the touch.

I wouldn't base my entire decision by the sample on the handle. IME they can vary greatly, and you may be better off finding something you love from the photographs on the forum. Personally I don't think I'd love the Weston and Capri together. It would look too much like you were trying to be the same, but failed. If you want a pull-up leather, there are more to choose from.

Daisymarie18 Guest

Crunchysue, from what I've gathered, I think that Capri is just not your style...It's a beautiful leather, perhaps suited on something besides your sofa would be ok...but on that big focal point piece, you need the leather that will make you smile everytime you see it. They are both great, but just in different ways! Grade 4 is a big ouch for it, though. Did you ever come across Steeplechase Tan Polished in the sample rings? I honestly don't know anything about it, but it has similar coloring to the Tiburon Butternut on my monitor.

artielange Guest

I don't think the Steeplechase Tan has enough rust coloring as the Tiburon Butternut? What about Sonoma Butternut or Sedona Harness?

crunchysue Guest

The tans aren't orange/rust enough, that's true. Sonoma is a suede, so that's out, but Sonoma Butternut is a great color. I think all the harnesses are super squeaky.

Quote Originally Posted by artielange View Post
    I don't think the Steeplechase Tan has enough rust coloring as the Tiburon Butternut? What about Sonoma Butternut or Sedona Harness?

artielange Guest

What about Rio Chestnut or Garfield Fawn?

artielange Guest

Crunchy, I just had a thought. What about Kipling Whiskey? I think it's very similar to the Tiburon Butternut and it's a Grade 2. I saw this particular sofa at Duane's a few years ago and loved it.
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/atta...1&d=1225913910

crunchysue Guest

Yeah, I think you're probably right, Daisy. If the Tiburon Butternut were always a Grade 4, it wouldn't have been a problem; it's just when you raise the price of my couch a thousand dollars overnight, then that sticks in my craw and is hard to swallow (to mix a couple metaphors)!

I was never choosing leathers based on price; this is the first and last super-high-quality couch I intend to ever buy - by the time this one wears out, I'll be too old and senile to notice or care. Of course, we never really know what the future holds, but you get my point. I've owned two leather sofas in the past, but they were cheap; one lasted 5-6 years before all the cores died, and the other probably wasn't even been real leather because my Dalmatian's toenail poked a hole in it a few months after I got it. I've learned my lesson, and now that I can afford real leather on a real couch ... OK, I feel like there should be some stirring music swelling in the background ...

Crunchysue, from what I've gathered, I think that Capri is just not your style...It's a beautiful leather, perhaps suited on something besides your sofa would be ok...but on that big focal point piece, you need the leather that will make you smile everytime you see it. They are both great, but just in different ways! Grade 4 is a big ouch for it, though. Did you ever come across Steeplechase Tan Polished in the sample rings? I honestly don't know anything about it, but it has similar coloring to the Tiburon Butternut on my monitor.