What you are going to find is wild swings in dealer pricing, it can vary considerably on the same exact item by several thousand dollars, it's not like buying cars where most all dealers are within a few hundred of one another. If a dealer "negotiates" 10% on a price, then its a given they are already higher than another store. At my store, I work wholesale plus and quote prices with a cash/check discount, then add 3% for credit cards because that's what credit cards cost to process. I don't do percentages off MSRP because that's silly - MSRP is a fairly tale and unrealistic. But I quote one price and one only - there is no negotiation in any way, shape or form. I find most my clients like that because it cuts through all the smoke and mirrors for everyone.

B-Y builds a good motion piece. They use the same mechanisms on most items as Hancock and Moore (Leggett and Platt, and Ultra Mek) so lifespan of frames, springs, mechs is all the same. Leathers as well. These are the major differences between H&M and B-Y: One is the foaming of the piece and tailoring. Foam is the second most expensive thing in the build, and B-Y skimos on it on the area of the sides and backs of the pieces, H&M does not. While that doesn't make the piece last longer, it does result in a nicer unit. Second, H&M frames are more stout with less flex in them. Next, the workmanship is significantly higher in seams work, welt trims, pulling the leather tight, sewn instead of folds, legs integrated into the frames vs screw ins and the like. Finally H&M sends you free cushion core replacements when your seat and back cores lose their resilience (to the original owner only - save your receipt). It would cost you $ 800 to re-core a B-Y sofa seats and backs, nothing for H&M.

If you decide to go B-Y, look at the 200 series, they are the cutting edge vs the older 900 series dual recliner sofas. In fact, B-Y has beat H&M to market with that 200 series, it's done really nicely with a unique rigid back structure. H&M will be following shortly with a new Your Way 2 series that will have the same framework, but don't expect theirs to be shown until April / May 2021. If I was in the market for a new Dual Recliner sofa, I'd be buying that 200 series myself right now, that's how good it is, or wait for the Spring release of the new H&M lineup.

Flexsteel....pass.