Thread: Experience with B-Y Lancaster 3410 recliner?

Default Experience with B-Y Lancaster 3410 recliner?

I'm looking for a new recliner to replace a 20+ year old Barcalounger Lectern. I'm a male in my mid-50s, about 5 foot 8 inches, 210 pounds, longer in the torso with relatively short legs. Preferences are for leather, manual pushback recline, bustle, and head support. Between reading this invaluable forum for months, and visiting several local showrooms, I'm considering the Bradington-Young Lancaster 3410 manual recliner. I was able to sit in one recently, but was wondering if Duane or anyone else has first-hand experience with this model? I'm considering the Anilina Brown Sable leather (980015-85), which I believe is a semi-aniline married cover in their BYX program (BYX-3410980015-85PLBN), but could consider a Grade 1 leather if there's one with a better feel. I've looked at Hancock and Moore too, and I just can't stretch by budget to get to those price points. Are there other models (BY or other 2nd tier brands) worth considering? Thanks for any suggestions.

Default Re: Experience with B-Y Lancaster 3410 recliner?

Bradington-Young excels at making affordable manual recliners, there is no need to look elsewhere if you like the way the 3410 sits. They use high quality mechs from either Leggitt and Platt or Ultra-Mek, Spring down seats as standard in most their pieces and the frames are well made. They are primarily a motion company, and that's a good place to be on a single recliner. All their hides are top grain (no bonded or bicast) and as you noticed, they cost less than Hancock and Moore. I have owned three B-Y recliners over the years, they all performed well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks Duane. I knew B-Y was a good brand from everything I've learned on this forum about the construction, mechs, and leathers. The fact that you carried the brand was a big part of how I ended up considering it. More than one salesperson was surprised that I had "done my homework" and knew what I was talking about. Made me way more confident walking into the store. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge.

Do you have favorite BY leathers we should look at?

I do not, sorry. All my B-Y leathers were gone at the beginning of March so I have nothing to reference.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Highgate Recliner (0310) has some features you are looking for in the Lancaster, he's just a bit more modern, what do you say?