Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Great Room Layout and Picture

aluebcke Guest

Default Re: Great Room Layout and Picture

My furniture has left H&M! Now I'm waiting for the call from the delivery service (which I know can take 4-7 days from reading my paperwork).

I was looking for the post on how to treat the delivery guys right, but can't find it. It mentioned how much of a tip to pay them if they do a good job. Can anyone help me find this post? OR suggest an amount?

Also, is it okay to ask the delivery guys to move our two sofas upstairs to our bonus room? We can move the coffee and sofa table, but the sofas are pretty heavy for me to help my husband with. If it's okay, how much should I offer them to do it, in addition to the tip for delivery?

I can't believe my furniture is done, and I'm eagerly awaiting the call for delivery. I can't wait to see it! I'll post pictures as soon as it gets here.

Won't be long now, Amanda! I'm looking forward to photos to see how it all turns out. Be ready for instant room change.....

The Sun Delivery team most likely won't move your two sofas upstairs. I believe that is company policy and they will move your old ones out of the way, but I'd be very surprised if they would agree to move them upstairs even for a tip, sorry!

My local delivery guys see everything from zero in tips (most the time) to $ 100 to split between themselves. They're pretty happy when they do get a tip, however - and most the time they do earn it, I believe.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

aluebcke Guest

Thanks, Duane. We're ready...can't wait.

I'm sure the delivery guys will earn a tip on the Sundance sofas....I know they're pretty heavy. Thanks for the advice on the amount. I never know what to tip for these types of services.

aluebcke Guest

Our furniture has arrived!

The pieces are truly beautiful, and H&M did a fabulous job on the burnished/hand-antiqued hides (colors are perfect with the Equestrian Truffle).

I was a little nervous about the leather choices, especially going bold with the ottomans in the Nile Croc Burnished. But all the pieces look awesome together.

The Equestrian is very soft, and the Truffle is the perfect color. It has a slight pebbling, but very slight and we really like it. It's a huge difference from the Portfolio leather we saw on a Sundance sofa at a local dealer...Equestrian is definitely low sheen, soft, and looks expensive. It does squeak a bit....but we honestly didn't notice it for some time. It's not at all objectionable.

The Author chair and ottomans are awesome, too. Not at all orange, which I would not have been happy with. (Duane asked H&M to do a custom dye, where they sent me a sample, and I approved. It worked out great!)

My only complaint is that H&M missed the custom size on the Sundance....it should have been an extra 12" wide and an extra 4" deep. They got the width right, but not the depth. I called Duane right away when I noticed it.....he checked the paperwork, and confirmed that it had been ordered correctly, and he called H&M right away. H&M has agreed to fix the problem, and I'm now deciding what I want done.

I'm leaning toward having the sofa remade. Since we'll be keeping the furniture for a long time, I think I'll regret "settling" for a sofa that's not exactly what I want. But we're still deciding....

I'm definitely glad we purchased through Duane, and picked H&M. I'm sure H&M will make this right, and Duane has been awesome through the whole experience. I can't say enough about how Duane helped us through our choices, his awesome forum, great advice, endless patience.....the list goes on.

Now I'm thinking I need some new barstools for our island...the metal ones just don't seem to go anymore. And we're definitely going to need a new rug and a small round table to go with the Author chair.

Anyway, attached are the pictures I finally got uploaded. (We just got a new camera....our 5 year old Kodak Easyshare wouldn't download anymore. So, it took some time to figure the new one out.) I'm definitely an amateur photographer, so sorry if they're not the best pictures.

I'll post them in a few posts....I think I can add only 5 at a time.

aluebcke Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000169(1).jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	3544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000170(1).jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	3545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000171(1).jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	3546Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000172(1).jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	3547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000168(1).jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	3548

aluebcke Guest

See what I mean about the rug. I think it's too dark in there now....perhaps a cream/gold rug with just a bit of red it in to tie to the curtain tie backs (and red throw pillows I'm planning).

The colors look pretty accurate, but I took the pictures at night.

Here are a few more:

Name:	P1000174(1).jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	3549Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000175(1).jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	3550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000176(1).jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	3551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000177(1).jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	3552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000173(1).jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	3553

aluebcke Guest

Duane, I don't think we have the cushions in right on the sofas. Any suggestions on how to set them properly? Are the back cushions supposed to go in a certain location? I think they might be mixed up.

Anyway, here's some more:

Name:	P1000179(1).jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	3554Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000180(1).jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	3555Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000181(1).jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	3556Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000182(1).jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	3557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000178(1).jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	3558

The fourth picture shows the new throw (faux fur). The kids love it, but I wish it was a bit darker. I also put the two fabrics I'm planning for pillows in the photo...haven't ordered yet, though.

aluebcke Guest

Forgot to mention....there's the nicest leather smell in the room now.

Last set of pictures:

Name:	P1000184(1).jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	3559Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000185(1).jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	3560Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000186(1).jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	188.9 KB 
ID:	3561Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000183(1).jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	3562

EJCN1970 Guest

The furnture is stunning. I really like how you went with the Nile Croc on the ottoman.

Sofadoo Guest

Looks like you made some fantastic choices- congratulations! Sorry to hear about the sizing issue...

The sofas in equestrian leather look so comfy and inviting. I'm starting to think I should have asked for a sample of it before I settled with the Ryan leather.

The rug I agree doesn't seem to mesh all that well. It's not that bad really but I'm with you on something maybe gold colored.