Thread: Has Middle Ground Brands Stepped Up Any?

Threaded View

Default Has Middle Ground Brands Stepped Up Any?

I think it goes without being said that most here understand the value of H&M and B-Y, but nevertheless has any of the middle tier brands evened the playing field for cost vs quality? It seemed like a few years ago before covid that hooker and others like it weren’t worth picking up vs going usa. Has hooker improved any in terms of parts availability?

Convenience wise it would be nice to go to one place and stick to hooker for all my sofa/love seat/recliner, kitchen table, chairs, bedroom suite, etc needs even though I am accepting the fact that its all imports. We are still in an apartment plus a 3 year old, newborn, and dog so I dont know how comfortable I am with going full B-Y or H&M until we got into a house again. Trust me, I am a stickler for staying on top of them and the value of buying top quality to last for generations but lets be honest, after awhile I get tired of constantly stressing about it and I know the wife gets tired of me constantly harping about things staying nice. Husband coming home from work to the stay at home mom that dealt with the kid/newborn/dog all day and me start making sure the H&M sofa aint hitting the wall or needing to be cleaned just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

With that being said, if its going to cost me 5-6k just to get into a hooker living room setup and for a little more you can get into B-Y, then seems like at that point whats another grand. Of course, you got to draw the line somewhere and the mindset of its only another grand adds up quick.

For context we are specifically looking at reclining sofa/loveseat/recliner package in “hopefully” some type of aniline leather thats not painted which may automatically put us into at least the B-Y camp. Not opposed to a sleeper sofa, reclining love seat, recliner setup.

My local dealer carries H&M, B-Y, Hooker, Bernherdt, Motioncraft, etc. List attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D312A190-C6FB-4C5E-A6B5-5583B6D7BD24.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	15998
    Last edited by ZWilson07; 02-17-2024 at 10:08 PM.