First time poster here! I stumbled upon this forum last night, what great info! "Dr Collie" seems like a complete gem and wealth of knowledge. Best of luck in his (no doubt, well earned) retirement!

Looking for advice... I have 2 older leather club chairs & ottomans that need to be replaced. I've been looking (and procrastinating) for a while because I wasn't sure what I wanted. Oldest kid is graduating high school in mid-June, so if I need to order something, I need to do it NOW if I want it before family comes to visit for graduation. We're a family of 4 (middle aged, 2 teens, 2 large dogs inside). After stopping in a local furniture store yesterday, I came home and rearranged our furniture. The club chairs were along a wall, and we have a slipcovered sofa that was "floating" off a wall. I switched the chairs with the sofa to see if we liked the set up, which would allow us to replace the club chairs with recliners. So far, yes, we enjoy it.

The local furniture store is having an anniversary sale (10-15% off all furniture), which has ran all month, and ends on Sat. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. We want high back chairs (both of us are average height) that we can kick back in, watch a movie and/or nap, put our feet up. I looked at a few Bradington Young recliners (Broderick & Huss were 2 I happened to try), a BY club chair (Kirby) & ottoman, Sherrill club chair/ottoman (model 3317), and Century (Tyler) club chair.

I've read several post - any preference over recliners vs club chairs. I understand club chairs are sturdier (which may make a difference with a large teen boy), and while the ottomans do take up floor space, it is a handy surface, and you don't have to worry about putting the foot rest down when you want to get up for a minute. Recliner would save some floor space, and would be nice to recline a little. I guess I could ask if my local store carries any tilt back club chairs? That seems like a good compromise? (I tried looking at the BY website to see if they offered one, but couldn't find one, but could have missed it.)

Also, I originally thought I wanted fabric for some texture difference. But now I'm re-thinking the fabric...I think leather would be easier to maintain/clean, especially with teenagers & dogs (dog hair).

Any thoughts/suggestions? I'm in NC - in between Hickory & High Point (yeah, you'd think I'd have a better handle on local furniture...ha!). I've thought about checking out Hickory Furniture Market, which sadly, I've never visited. But I think the odds of finding a matching pair of chairs is slim, so feel like I probably need to take advantage of my local store's sale (and the owners are supportive members of our community).

Thanks!!!