Its been a while since I was a Shifman dealer, but I may call Mike Hammer back up (owner of Shifman) and look into carrying the line again, after getting that horrid 26% price increase from Royal Pedic that went into effect on March 1st. Its my opinion that Shifman and Royal Pedic are the two best USA-made bed makers on the market, and I've been doing R-P exclusively for the past decade. Shifman's good stuff may be just as expensive, I haven't looked at a price list for them in some time.

Having said that, Shifman's "Master's" collection is the old-school, cotton-layer line that they built their reputation upon. They offer conventional blown-poly foam groups as well and once you get into that category its just like any other mass-produced bed.

I can tell you this for certain. There is never a 'sale' at Bloomingdales furniture department. They routinely are one of the highest price stores in the country. Would you pay $ 4K for a Serta/Sealy/Simmons ? Unless its from the Masters Collection by Shifman, that's the category you are looking at grouping with.