Hi,
I was hoping you could help me with choosing a quality leather sofa and love seat that will fit our lifestyle. I have been saving for new, matching, furniture for the last six years and I am now ready to say goodbye to our mismatched slip-covered furniture. I have budgeted about $4000 for both the love seat and sofa, however, I have talked to my husband about potentially spending a little more if needed. I like H & M's City Sofa, with its simple lines, rolled arms, and sofa with three seat cushions, but I'm pretty sure that is way out of our price range. I am looking for leather that is somewhere between chocolate and espresso and will withstand children, food, and oils from pet hair (our dog does not get on the couch but he does lean against it). Also, my husband is in the Army and we seem to move about 18 months. So, the sofas will be seeing a lot of moves (trying to get in and out of houses) and will likely be stored on its side during the moves.

I have looked at Palliser and Thomasville, but question the quality. The Thomasville is made with engineered laminated woods and hardwoods, pigmented leather, and the seat support is elastic webbing, which I had never heard of before. I was under the impression that 8-way hand tied springs are the way to go, as well as kiln dried hardwood.

I looked at BY and liked the Connor, Heartford, and 662-95, but don't know if these are near my price range either. The Palliser is well within my budget, but I question the quality based on reviews and comments I have read.

Can I get a quality leather set that will withstand my family's life style in or near my budget? What do you suggest?

Thanks! Chelle