The local dealers for Kincaid were few and far between but it was a brand I researched a lot and even got an out of town quote on. You know when I went shopping I thought we could get away with a bit above the very low end but maybe not all the way to mid end bedroom furniture but I found out quickly they don't made them like they used to. We looked out low end lines and up to stuff like Thomasville, Oak Express, Universal and others that are priced higher than the usual run of the mill low end stuff. ind. But we had trouble finding anything we liked in those brands and was amazed how poorly constructed some of those units were. Some units we couldn't even get the drawers to open, the finish had major flaws, and the drawer bottoms felt like anything of weight would cause them to bow. I was shocked because when we started looking I figured those lines would have less real wood, more veneers, maybe a little less attention to detail and not as robust construction but overall a decent looking furniture set that would function well but I had to expand the budget up to Durham, Stanley, Kincaid and others to get what I felt would be good furniture.
Still very happy with the Durham set though it's only been 1/2 a year.

Poor contruction where the drawers on some models woiulexpected some of the lower brands and even Thomasville to not be all wood and they lower priced