Thread: H&M Leather Identification?

Hybrid View

jriley Guest

Default Re: Does anyone know what leather

No, we did not see the Roy in person. I'm hoping ours will be delivered before the end of the month (March), and I can post my feedback then. I did sit in the Miller and found it comfortable, but a bit too large for me (I'm 5' 4"), so I think the Roy's slightly smaller size might suit us better. Like you, I think the styling is really sharp.

Cocnerning the leathers you mention, the Antelope, while a very well-regarded and popular leather, probably wouldn't give you the look you want because it's a protected leather and also has hand-applied-dye effects. I'm sure it ages beautifully, but there are other leathers that will develope more of the natural patina you're after. I have a sample of Milan Saddle, and it does have that waxy, "scratchy" look, but it's also quite thick and not as supple as some others. Duane could better tell you whether it would tailor well on the Roy.

You also might consider Tuscany Harness or Sedona Sable, although the Sedona goes too far in the "worn" direction for us. Another really good choice is Pecos Mink. Duane posted a pic (http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...a-in-Pecos-Oak) of a sofa in a lighter Pecos color that shows the look I think you want. Atticus Java is also very nice.

smhinds Guest

I just rcvd some samples from H&M. The Kipling Java looks different than the sample I saw in a store...it has some red tones to it? I really want a dark brown with no red undertones. Maybe the sample was mislabeled. The Columbia Molasses is the color I'm looking for...I just didn't want a protected leather. Does anyone know if Garfield comes in a dark brown? Thx

markr Guest