Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Room Layout and Picture

aluebcke Guest

Default Re: Great Room Layout and Picture

That's an idea....I didn't check the ottomans offered with the chairs. We definitely want a tufted one, though. We plan to put a tray on the ottoman when we have coffee....I prefer to put my cup on the ottoman/coffee table and not on the side table. The non-tufted ottomans don't look flat enough for this....and I really like the tufted anyway.

If I purchase an ottoman from Jessica Charles, how will this impact my shipping costs? Timing is not an issue....I live 7 minutes from work so can easily meet the delivery people.

My budget keeps growing.....not sure I can call it a budget anymore.

It just makes it a separate shipment is all, it can't 'gang' together with an H&M order on shipping. Bottom line...going to cost more vs. ordering an H&M ottoman that can ride with the rest of the order. Probably $ 100 additional that way. +/-
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

aluebcke Guest

Hope you had a great vacation, Duane (and it wasn't too hot)!

I'm going to PM you with some requests for larger samples and pricing.

I'm leaning toward the Jessica Charles 8830 ottoman (depending on price to customize).

Also, can I enlarge an H&M chair to a chair-and-a-half size? The sundance chair is 45" wide x 46" deep...wondering if I can make it 50-55" wide (about the size of a Jessica Charles chair-and-a-half).

Still working on the leather samples.....I put some garlic butter on the Garfield, Ryan, and Weston. Only the Weston showed any staining....even two days later. It makes me a bit nervous, but I'm not quite ready to rule it out yet.

It was REALLY~~~ hot ~~~, but fun. So hot that we left Ohio at 5:25 a.m on the motorcycles to get most the 11 hours back to Wash DC before the heat of the day. But we had a good time!

Yes, H&M can customize most anything depending on how fat your checkbook is <g> Custom Sundance will be costly because of curves and tufting.

Butter can be oily, and it can stain. Most will dissipate in a few days or weeks, however.
    Duane Collie

aluebcke Guest

Thanks, Duane, for getting us the larger dealer size samples. I'm excited to say we've narrowed it down to two: Garfield Fawn and Garfield Chesnut! Both are beautiful, with a lot of color variation. We ruled out the darker browns....mostly because we want the variation you get in the lighter Garfield colors, but also because the room has dark tables/floor/walls and I think a lighter leather will work better in the room.

We'll definitely need to do a "cutting for approval" on either one. Any chance we could send in one of the samples and ask H&M to match it as closely as possible? I have one chesnut sample and one fawn sample that look the same....the chesnut a bit less orange and the fawn a bit darker. That's what I really want. My difficulty in choosing between the two is that one of the chesnut samples looks very orange and one of the fawn samples is very light....neither of which are my preference.

Any opinions on which would work best (or if they won't work) with the Weston Cane Burnished? I'd like to save a bit on the Author chair(s) if I can get them under the T&C program. But, if neither will look good with the burnished, then I'd prefer to spend a bit more to get leathers that go well together.

H&M couldn't send the Weston Cane Burnished sample....noted on the sheet that it is out. Do you have one you can send me? I promise to send it back within a few days.

On another note, I found a posting about pillows....that you can purchase them at 50% off the retail price if purchased with the sofa. If I buy a H&M sofa, does this also apply to Jessica Charles pillows. Or am I limited to the H&M fabrics to get the lower pricing?

We're now working on the ottoman....husband still wants two due to the size of the sofa. I'm leaning toward the Jessica Charles if customizing it to a larger size is not too costly.

Garfield does vary a lot from swatch to product, so a CFA is not a bad idea. You can only get a CFA on after you place an order. We can't do the send-a-sample to match to,sorry. You get a cutting of what they have available and can then say 'yea' or 'nay' for production.

I can send you a Weston Burished sample...remnd me on August 6 th when I am back in the store....

Yes, you can put any material on the pillows you likefrom either JC or HM.

Customizing an oval ottoman that is tufted probably is a no- go. Too much work and refiguring....it would be like designing a new piece.
    Duane Collie

aluebcke Guest

Thanks Duane....I'll remind you on the 6th about the burnished sample.

The ottoman I'm thinking of is the JC 8830:

http://www.jessicacharles.com/product.asp?productid=605

Is this a no-go on customizing (making longer)?

Any opinions on which would work best (or if they won't work) with the Weston Cane Burnished....Garfield Fawn or Chesnut?

Yes, they can customize that one.....JC 8830. Last custom was in 2009 on that one and it added $ 400 to the price back then. Figure out sixe you would like and I can have them quote it.

Either of the Garfields should coordinate well with the Weston Cane Burnished.
    Duane Collie

aluebcke Guest

Hey....me again.

I've been working on the layout again...can't seem to decide. My husband wants the 110" sofa and two Author chairs. I'm thinking the 110" sofa, a chair-and-a-half in the same leather (Bradley chair), and one author chair (in a contrasting color). He also thinks two ottomans in front of the sofa would be great....my only problem is that the only square ones we like are 37", which I think is too big.

So, I'd like to get some custom pricing so that we can make our decision.

Duane, can you please get pricing on the following:

1. Bradley 4418 chair in class 3 leather. Lengthened from 40" wide to 52" wide. Same depth. If we go with this option, we'd want to change the feet on the chair to something without the casters....best case would be the Sundance sofa legs (if they will work).
    2. Bradley 4417 ottoman in class 3 leather. Lengthened from 32" wide to 44" wide. Sundance ottoman legs on this one, if it will work.

If the Sundance legs will work, how will it impact the dimensions on the chair and ottoman (height)?

3. Jessica Charles 8803 ottoman class 3 leather, customized to a 31"x31" square. Need to change the legs on this one...if H&M can suggest a non-caster leg for this ottoman that would make it about 17-18" tall, that would be great.

4. H&M 072 Campaign ottoman, class 3 leather, customized to a 32"x32" square.

Also, for the Author chair on the swivel (4691-S or 4691 under the T&C program with the swivel added), will the 4690 ottoman work? The reason I ask is that the Author chair has an 18" seat height, but the Author chair on a swivel has a 20" seat height. Ottoman is 16.5" tall. Or do we even need an ottoman with a swivel chair?

We have made progress!! We've finally chosen the Garfield Chesnut...love the rich color, just hope it won't be too orange. We'll definitely need to do a cutting for approval.

Is there anything else I need to think about....nail heads, wood stains, etc.?

Thanks,
    Amanda

aluebcke Guest

Hi Duane. Can you please answer my questions from the previous post, noted below:?

For the Author chair on the swivel (4691-S or 4691 under the T&C program with the swivel added), will the 4690 ottoman work? The reason I ask is that the Author chair has an 18" seat height, but the Author chair on a swivel has a 20" seat height. Ottoman is 16.5" tall. Or do we even need an ottoman with a swivel chair?

Is there anything else I need to think about....nail heads, wood stains, etc.?

And a new one:
    How many ottomans is too much in a room? With the Sundance 110" sofa, we are thinking two square ottomans in front of it. With the Author swivel chair, we're considering an ottoman. If we do a chair-and-a-half (Bradley you custom quoted), we might want an ottoman. This seems like too many in one room.....perhaps we should do the Author and Bradley ottomans and stick with a wood coffee table. Any suggestions? Anyone?

Thanks,
    Amanda