I am ready to replace my 10 year old leather set. Basically if I could get the exact same set again I would but the company that made it stopped production in North America.

The biggest problem I am finding is getting a combination of elements similar to my old set in an approx 90 inch long sofa. Seat Height/depth rolled arm height and cushion firmness.

I've found a few I like the look of at my local stores but they are all either cushy soft that you sink into, or so low that my old knees can't get out of it. Some brands give seat/arm measurements online but firmness is a guessing game. I read in this forum that someone should have requested a different core cushion in a set they ordered, but I can find no manufacturers that actually mention that as an option. I would order online if I could. Oh and most sites don't say if cushions are attached or not. I absolutely need an attached cushion (not velcro).

Sadly I am also on a budget. Since I need two full sofas and a large chair, I need to keep the sofa price under $1000 each. I do not want to finance and want to keep this in my cash budget.

Do the experts here have any suggestions on a reasonably priced brand that offers the option to choose a firmer cushion core in an attached cushion? I appreciate any input you can offer.