Quote Originally Posted by rugman1969 View Post
I wouldn't complain about spending 7k on a sofa if I had 7k to spend, but the fact remains that at least with a car, I can drive back and forth to work and earn an income, which would justify the money spent on a car.
I'd not complain about the price of a Jaguar if I had the money to spend on it. Pretty sorry excuse.

You get what you pay for. The price is not preposterous, it is preposterous to complain about price just because it's outside your budget. Your options are to get something that's in your budget or wait/save for what you truly want.

I've lived my life by either buying it "right" or not at all. For the most part that is - as we did whiff on our last furniture purchase that we are now going to remedy.

But I've found, like in this instance, when we don't do it "right", we will always regret that decision and eventually do it "right" - which costs us more time/money.

I don't live to work - I work to live. So I don't justify having X car and then not as good of furniture as the car makes me money. That, IMO, is silly. If you're not happy at home - that also impacts work. I could go on with the silly analogies that do not apply to this conversation - but I won't.