Short story and request for advice.

Hi all.

I am replacing some living room furniture. My family includes 4 people My wife and myself. My thirteen year old boy. And my 10 year old Autistic daughter. My daughter is very hard on all things. And as much as she is my shining light. She gets credit for destroying the old furniture.

I have not bought new furniture in a very long time. Most of what we have gotten in the past was "hand me downs" So I was a little surprised at prices. For the purpose of the story I will use a reclining chairs as a working example.

Its seems like most run in the 600+ range. My thought was I could either go "inexpensive" and not have to shed a tear when I have to replace it in a year or two. Or go "Modestly high end" hoping to get a warranty that would stand the test of time.

It occurs to me in my research that my "Modestly High End" warranty idea is flawed. The thread here. And my own research has not supported a great warranty plan. And that if I am going to keep the "high end" option alive it would have to be because of the reviewed durability of the product. Correct??

I am not finding a good way to compare durability of products. They all claim to be durable. And I am wading through reviews about financing, delivery, ect ect... Or review's for recent purchases not finding much on lifespan, ability to take punishment ...

Any advice on how my research should proceed??

Thanks
Bryan